Beam Effect is Live!

swtor in roblox is able to be recreated now :DDDDD

1 Like

Elaborate please.

Whoa. Amazing! Can’t wait to play around with it.

1 Like

Can we have a link / download to the test place used for the screenshots?

Just want to get a better feel for the best intended use.

omg I can’t wait to play with these

2 Likes

DemoBeam.rbxl (1.2 MB)

6 Likes

symmetra weapon here i come

6 Likes

These really give a convincing look in place of spotlights when stationary. Not sure what the lines on the edges are about. Really wish there was a property for the texture’s “position” while it has motion.

RobloxScreenShot20171122_004834256

20 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

As said in a feature request, this would have performance issues so this won’t a added. A reset feature would be nice, though.

2 Likes

They said they would consider it.

2 Likes

Made a sort of health transfer orb for fun:

https://i.gyazo.com/f7ed5277652fe39713b15babeca6b569.gif
(last one is a gif)

People within 25 studs get healed, everyone else within 75 studs gets drained until they only have 10 health left. (both over time, of course, otherwise beam wouldn’t feel that spectacular)

19 Likes

Can we get lightinfluence on beams? I’d like to use them for some kind of fabric but they always glow

34 Likes

Super support this.

8 Likes

This is one of the best features you guys have added, well done :smiley:

5 Likes

Namnlös2

I made launching guides for my projectiles, very good! :smiley:

17 Likes

Could be used for low processing power water? Seems to be quite good for not getting into unless I made a whole swimming system properly lol

10 Likes

All we need is the ability to animate the texture (swap out the texture id quickly using a script, ive tried it though and it doesnt work)

2 Likes

By using multiple beams of different speed, you can make some effects that could be useful in SteadyOn’s water.

7 Likes

It looks amazing, quickly tried it out here
https://www.roblox.com/games/395084408/Particles

unfortunately any footage of this cant capture what you see in game so youre gonna have to see it for yourself

7 Likes