Become an Intern at HD Admin

Update:

Thank you everyone who has applied. Applications are now closed until the release of V3.

HD Admin is on the look-out for enthusiastic developers to assist with the creation of admin commands. If you’re creative, experienced with lua programming and have a few available hours a fortnight, this job might just be for you!

The Job

The job is to create fun, exciting and innovative admin commands. Once published, your code will be added to the HD Admin Main Module, therefore you must be happy with your work becoming open-sourced.

Desired Traits

• Highly experienced in lua programming
  • A desire to write high-quality, optimised code
  • A creative mind
  • True knowledge of the gaming and Roblox culture
  • Good communication, Discord is required
  • At least 13 years of age

Work Hours and Payment

• We operate a ‘pay as you go’ system; you create as many or little packs as suites you. Obviously the more batches you produce, the greater your potential for earning.
  • Payment works out to about 10-20 USD/hour, which increases as you become more familiar with the command creation process and core functions.
  • More information on roles and payment can be found here:
    HD Admin - Pack Process, Roles and Payment

Perks

You will be credited for each individual command, as well as receive a place on the HD Admin credits page. Many of your creations will be trialled by big YouTubers, watched by potentially millions of viewers and used within some of the platforms top games.

Contact

Interested in applying?

1. Check out our thread on Fun & Utility Commands

2. Create a unique fun command using the ‘Creating a Custom Command’ tutorial below. Your creative ability and code will be assessed by this. This command can be your own idea, or based on one of these…

Fun command ideas
  • Shrek/zombie+infection
  • Split body apart when jump
  • headExplosion (grows bigger then explodes)
  • Rocket
  • Witchtrial
  • Nuke
  • Fbi
  • Black hole/ this is sparta
  • wreckingBall
  • firebreathe
  • alien abduction
  • strike/lighting
  • tsunami
  • meteor
  • earthquake
  • volcano/eruption
  • nuke
  1. Send a private message my way on the DevForum, including a bit about yourself, a portfolio of relevant work and a link to the place of the command you just created.

2. Successful applicants will be invited to the Intern program where they are guided through the process of creating commands, publishing packs and working with the team.

3. Publish multiple approved packs to become established members (a.k.a. Scripter).

Good luck, look forwards to hearing from you!

Creating a Custom Command tutorial:

35 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.

You state that we need a creative mind and are expected to work 10 hours over a two week period.

You also state that for 100 USD or alternatively 30,000 robux we’ll need to make 10 commands. At the rate of 100 USD per week then each command would take around 30 minutes, is this correct?

Would this mean that we’re responsible for coming up with commands? I’ve seen HD Admin before and remember being rather suprised at the amount of commands you already had, this could be rather problematic for developers.

5 Likes

Does this mean that we could have the possibility to make 500 USD per week if we manage to make 50 commands? Or is the cap set to 100 USD per week?

1 Like

Ah, sorry I missed that!

I’m sorry for the hundred questions, but I have one more; maintenance.
As I’m sure you’re aware some scripters are better then others, some scripters work better in different environments, after looking at your commands module I’m sure you could see why a lot of developers would be hesitant to work in a module that had over 3,000 lines and isn’t very organized.

So the question at hand is are we allowed to work on others code to improve it as well as fix potential bugs, will there be any changes in the future to further organize the code?

1 Like

Is it possible to work for two weeks and not stay on for longer? If so I will apply.

1 Like

Okay. I am finishing a game that I have been working on. See my scripting work here if you want: https://www.roblox.com/games/3048569113/Combat-Arms-Reborn. I am just looking for money so I can buy audio and other things for it. I think that if I am able to, I would join and work for a week or two. (Working 5+ hours a day. 30-40 hours/week.)

Can I have some examples of commands that you would be looking for?

1 Like

I have quite a bit of experience and knowledge of Roblox, since I’ve been playing Roblox for years. I can help out since I know how to make admin commands and work with Adonis and Kohl’s admin and I could help out quite a bit. I have school for a week but after that I’m free! Come and add me on discord: Shadrz#7070, I could do a lot for your script.

1 Like

As a side note, any scripter here who is having difficulty thinking of admin commands shoot me a message as I already have dozens in my head and would be happy to offer some.

2 Likes

I vouch for @ForeverHD, was a pleasure working with him to convert @x_o bike system to support R15.

2 Likes

A pay-as-you-go system seems more appealing. I think this is a neat thing to work on briefly, but I’m not interested in committing myself for $10 an hour.

1 Like