Best way to grow a game/group?

There are definitely a lot of games that could grow quite quickly because they are simulator games, or any game that depends on solo gameplay. However, my specific game is based solely off of roleplay, and/or events that happen in the game at certain times. What’s the best way I can grow a roleplay type game with only 9k robux?

13 Likes

Advertising is the best way to do it.

5 Likes

I found that you would need to advertise tens of thousands of robux to get a good amount of concurrent players, and this is a game that depends on having many players playing at a time.

7 Likes

The way I make groups grow faster is by advertising the group on Group Recruitment Plaza. It’s a game where everybody advertises there group and recruit members.

9 Likes

I found that’s not very useful as well because everyone is there to advertise, and my group wouldn’t be very interesting compared to the other military groups there.

7 Likes

As a clarification, I don’t own a military group, I own a gymnastics group

1 Like

Oh gymnastics group could be good there, Besides I don’t see lots of people going for military groups though.

1 Like

A free, but really effective way is word-of-mouth. When people talk about this certain new, exciting game/group with their friends, they’re very likely to come join them. This is how I multiplied my group members double, triple, multiples than when I launched it. It’s not the fast track, but it catches momentum really well over time.

For startup groups with less than 50 members, I think that advertising in person in the Group Recruiting Plaza does much better than paid advertising. I’ve seen a cafe grow from 10 to 200 just with consistent recruiting. You actually get to pitch to new members one-on-one and answer their inquiries.

Hope this helped!

5 Likes

We currently have around 1,991 members in our group. How would I encourage word-of-mouth?

1 Like

Not to be rude, I just realized that may have come off as a bit rude :flushed:

1 Like

A popular method are invite competitions, providing an incentive for x amount of members invited. It works well in some groups, but I never used this as this brings mostly cold traffic.

My approach on this is to focus on my own game/group’s value, and if they really enjoyed/feel great/see value in your game/group, they’d naturally ask their friends to enjoy it with them. I usually hold special events where I’d encourage my members to invite their friends and join.

1 Like

First of all have some friends/ or people you trust join it. If its a group. Then try to go to a community that has the same interest. Try advertising it your group.
Just make the ad you put suitable and appealing for people that will like or have interest in your group. Games however are not that different. Try watching or asking some people who are good at this field. I think that would also help a lot!

2 Likes

Adding on to that, I don’t recommend using Robux as a prize. In the Roblox Community Rules it states:

• Do not create promotions offering prizes of any sort (including contests, raffles, lotteries, chain letters or any kind of giveaway). It is okay to offer players promo codes for in-game items only so long as they are not in exchange for something (e.g., in exchange for a thumb up on your game).

An invite contest would be considered promotional.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say simulator games grow the quickest. However if you want a fast growing group or game, advertise it and make fun updates.

1 Like

What would be a good prize for the invite contest?

I mean it says “offering prizes of any sort” so I’m not sure whether you can offer prizes or not.

I don’t think there’s any really good way besides for advertising and sponsoring, you don’t necessarily need tens of thousands of robux to make an impression, 3k robux will probably be enough to at least do something, and if your group/game is good, it will probably keep a steady growth. It’s very hard to keep a project going without funding. If you don’t have that much you might need to find an investor, or start doing commissions and save up. That’s what I did, I’ve saved up more than 25k from scripting commissions. Just goes to show how effective doing commissions is.

1 Like

How should I split up the money I currently have? I’m currently at 9k robux

Apparently it’s better to spread it out over the course of a few days, like in your case you might want to advertise with 2k a day over the course of four or five days.

Don’t use an ad without first testing the ctr, you can put in around 200 robux to test it, if the ctr is under 1% you might want to consider improving the ad or getting a new one made. It’s worth it to spend 3k robux on a professional gfx artist to make you an ad that will get a 2% ctr than you making the ad yourself and getting a 0.5% ctr (unless you’re a professional gfx designer of course).

2 Likes

Ah, I must have been doing this all wrong, I thought a CTR under 1% was good :sweat_smile: thanks for the tips!

1 Like