Best way to make a npc for a tycoon?

I made a tycoon, hotel tycoon, and npcs come and go, the thing is, there r over a 100 npc

I saw a game called theme park tycoon 2, those npc’s are cool, animated and no lag at all

How do I make one npc like that?

And I heard humanoids are costly, they need alot of disk space and ram on your device

2 Likes

I’m guessing they used some sort of custom humanoids then?

Sorry if this sounds stupid.

1 Like

I am pretty sure that the ones that theme park tycoon use are not models but scripted npcs so scripts with create the npc then delete it and it goes in a cycle I might be very very wrong but I just guessed it and it also makes sense why there is no lag

1 Like

Theme park tycoon most likley have already created npc templates and use math.random to spawn them. They use pathfinding to go around and what not.

1 Like

I would suggest you use the Pathfinding Service.

As for the animations you can create custom animations for the character and assign it to the walking/running animation.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

wth uh I made an npc, and it works too, and you know they all work, they are moving too, but the thing is, the npc are made from humanoids, too many customers ( too many npcs) can affect client performance

And I want to replicate this game on a much grander scale, with over 5k to 10k humanoids, this will affect all the players performance including server

So I would like to know if there is a good way for making npc, not about making the npc system

Yes, I am asking how to make a npc template

Ahhh, I see, sorry I was misunderstanding. Rather than making a new humanoid, maybe try using LODs to increase proformance.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile: