[Beta] New Experiences Have Team Create Enabled

Please don’t, I use Rojo with Vs Code, I do not need Teamcreate to be shoved down my throat

What we want is Offline Studio not this; listen to the community

and no, having it autosave to your account is very flimsy, what if the account got moderated for a dumb reason? BAM entire career of work lost

Always have multiple backups

22 Likes

This should be an option that can be Enabled, for Teams.

This is really going to hurt a lot of the workflow of single developers like myself.

5 Likes

This is the point of the update to force Team Create. I dont see any cons for having TC activated in all places so.

1 Like

I don’t know really. I’ve had a lot of issues with this commit on close not working well. Sometimes it doesn’t save and the script recovery only makes it worse. Because of this I’ve had numerous old bugs return and some made the game unplayable until I open the script and fix the specific line again.

4 Likes

Although the intentions of this seem to be good I think the downsides of forcing team create on developers are something the studio development team should look into further. I personally don’t have an issue with this but I can imagine the headache it would cause for people with poor/intermittent connections to the internet, as well as causing a massive clutter of empty experiences in peoples Studios.

3 Likes

As a person who ignores school and just codes crap in roblox studio offline pretty much
(open it on home wifi)
please don’t…

10 Likes

I really hope this won’t cause sync issues in solo places I’ve had through the last month using team create. Studio trying to upload 1GB of assets when I edit a single script, place settings permissions getting completely botched and throwing weird errors when anyone but the owner edits purchasables, studio outright crashing when trying to publish a single part moved by a few studs, script edits not applying until I publish manually and restart studio, etc.

3 Likes

There are cons, which is why I only use Team Create when I actually need to collaborate. One example would be getting kicked out of the place if my internet has any hiccups, which can be really irritating when not actually using the Team Create server for those of us with less reliable connections (especially 3rd world countries)

7 Likes

Three words: Bad internet connection.

7 Likes

As a developer working at a professional studio I’d say that as the teams get bigger and more programmers become involved, we move further away from Roblox Studio, most of our work is done externally. Only our 3D artists spend the majority of their time in Studio and benefit from Team Create, I personally prefer to keep it turned off and I like the option to have it turned off, I’m not happy about this update.

I don’t want places to be created when I create a new baseplate, even if they’re archived. I want to be able to make local files and upload them to the server as I see fit, your inventory management is terrible and my inventory is already flooded with rubbish I can’t delete (Models generated by your new model importer, etc).

If anything I’d prefer studio to allow me to do more offline, the amount of times we’ve lost development time due to not being able to connect to Studio is disgusting - it doesn’t work for professional teams.

12 Likes

I’m tempted to say all the while Team Create causes developers problems, which it often does, this change seems silly, but no this change concerns me regardless.
Lots of development happens outside of studio these days.
Lots of developers work alone.
Lots of developers don’t have a stable internet connection.
I cannot comprehend why Roblox want to clog up their servers with millions of empty or near-empty baseplates.
Improving teamcreate is great, but don’t provide us with a cloud-native IDE without providing us with a fully offline one.

14 Likes

Team create is still too janky for this, data sync issues are so common with larger places

4 Likes

Please, put some focus on offline accessibility also. Currently we have to open studio from home and make sure the laptop never reboots, dies or shuts down studio - otherwise you won’t be able to work without internet access again.
Being able to work from an offline local copy would solve a lot of issues, but currently we’re forced to try and make hacky bypasses and workarounds to make it work offline.

11 Likes

I would agree but team create doesn’t effect you unless you want it to. So automatically enabling team create by default doesn’t change anything from before, rather it makes work easier since now you don’t have to save/publish to add your friends to a game.

1 Like

Team create drastically changes script editing workflows, especially for Rojo users.

3 Likes

I don’t want team create. I will never want team create because it is slow and subject to unintuitive constraints and failure modes that are either catastrophic or sloppy to recover from.

I don’t want my work to live in the cloud unless I put it there. Some things are only for me, e.g. tech/ideas I’m not allowed to distribute.

I don’t want to fumble with team tools when I work solo.

I don’t want thousands of garbage places even if they’re archived. Inventory management on Roblox is horrible and Roblox does not seem to care, and keeps vomiting disorganized unversioned assets everywhere through normal workflow (i.e. Importers).

I don’t want to trust Roblox blindly that it will save my work when Studio doesn’t even tell me properly that saving / publishing failed, succeeded, etc. anywhere else but in the output widget which nonprogrammers don’t use.

I don’t want to trust that Roblox won’t terminate my account or cut me off from the platform for some period of time for bullshit reasons that they won’t even explain to me, cutting me off from my work with little to no recourse (especially in the case of developers with fewer connections).

Improve the local workflow. Too much relies on your game being published, there are crossed wires everywhere and widgets with sloppy separation of concerns or weird game-specific limitations, i.e. game settings, asset manager. Please make sure you do not throw improvements for this nonsense by the wayside and abandon local workflow.

I always want to save locally and publish finished work manually. If I want my work in the cloud, I will additionally put it there myself.

Please take care to support this style of workflow indefinitely. Not just behind the settings panel, but first class throughout game creation widgets, etc.

31 Likes

Honestly, I’ve never had any issues with Team Create, even as a mainly solo developer. In my personal experience, Team Create has always helped and never really caused any problems for me. The biggest issue I’ve had would be forgetting to commit a draft but that just took a while to get used to and now I barely notice it any more.

It seems to be a rather unpopular opinion in this thread, but I personally like these new changes. I don’t really see the need to have offline editing, as almost all developers have internet access, though I guess it could be useful. When my internet does go down, as it is actually pretty unreliable and does go down rather often, I just take a break. It isn’t that much of an issue and taking breaks is healthy. The same goes for Roblox downtime, which is often under a day and typically gets fixed quickly. You can’t even play Roblox normally without internet, so I don’t really see the need to support it on a platform that is so heavily based on online gaming.

I do get that it’s a bit inconvenient for people who make a lot of testing places, but they already addressed that in the post. It only takes a few seconds to make a new place and it gets automatically archived if you don’t manually save/publish it, so it won’t add any additional clutter.

2 Likes

Well that depends, this feature is still in Beta so it might just get thrown out. However, I’m quite confident these features going to be implemented into the streamline version of Roblox Studio and not only for Beta Testers.

1 Like

I hated forced Team Create when developing solo, for example, being forced to turn it on just to invite people to play your game, and now this. Sure, this might roll out smooth for a lot of people, but I feel like this would hurt tons of people who use lower-end hardware.

Team Create on low-end hardware makes load times longer and it’s much more a hassle. Whenever I try adding a collaborator, I get forced to wait like two minutes just for Team Create to turn on, so I can’t imagine how annoying it would be to quickly switch which game you’re editing or even for a new player. I am hoping there will be an option to permanently turn this off, but I feel like lower-end creators are going to get hurt the most.

16 Likes

How much I appreciate the motivation and the work behind this update.

I do not agree with team create being enabled by default.
I work on projects completely alone and solo.

The only time I work in teams is someone providing me a model or asset and me manually importing it afterwards which happens in a completely different experience/place file.

I find having to commit script changes and such to be a hindrance, disabling team create often saves me a few clicks.
I just like to have it permanently disabled unless I actually need it (if I ever do).

Why not make it an option when you create a new experience?
Have a little checkbox for “Enable team create” or something at place creation?

6 Likes