Better Chat V1 [Deprecated]

You were doing nothing wrong, it’s my fault with messing up a basic line of code. I’ve fixed it, and this function will work now. Sorry for your inconveniences!

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this exists arleady, but the option to change the size of the chat and of the text, its way to small.

And when joining and the roblox window is in the bar, it randomly makes the chat very small and thr text giant

I would say have the ability to customize the Server: TextColor. I was able to do it in the code myself but it’s janky and errors if I don’t pass a table. (if it already exists oops)

I cant wait to try to see if my plugin will finally work!

1 Like

This is one awesome chat module! I will likely be using this. :+1:

1 Like

Just created my plugin!

I like to call it AntiToxicityModule

It is used for fighting games, be it FPS, PVP, PvE,Etc.

It has some flaws, like when saying trash it automatly assume its a toxic message.

Another flaw is that it will add extra delay when sending a message, and when the first message is send in the server it will take like 10 seconds to send

Credit to Toxicity/Spam Prevention Module (Beta)

Code:

Client:

API = nil; --> When the plugins are loaded, this variable will be defined.
return function()
	game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").MakeChatClientMessage.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(Msg)
		API.systemMessage(
			Msg,
			"all"
		)
	end)
end

Server:

API = nil; --> When the plugins are loaded, this variable will be defined.
local AntiToxicity = require(6904706913)
return function()
	API:registerMessageProcessFunction(function(messageObject)
		local analized = AntiToxicity.fullanalyze(messageObject.unfilteredMessage)
		if analized.insult > 80 or analized.toxic > 85 or analized.spam > 65 then
			game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").MakeChatClientMessage:FireClient(messageObject.player,"Your message's insult/toxic/spam rate is too big. Rate: {Insult: "..analized.insult.." ; Toxic: "..analized.toxic.." ; Spam: "..analized.spam.."}")
			return true,"This message will be hidden due to being an insult/toxic/spam message."
		end
		return false
	end)
end

Also, remember to create a remote event called MakeChatClientMessage in ReplicatedStorage!

3 Likes

I happened to notice that I immune to chat cooldowns, something highly recommended to avoid spammers bots or raiders. Try implementing that.

Example:

1 Like

Good Api, I tested it.
I got the text message to delete it for spam so this can help reduce Roblox Bots that say “Wow I got free r**** at r****.g**” – There are no Websites in this text if they are then they weren’t intended. Some words are blanked out so I don’t get banned

image for spam I think you could lower it to like 40 maybe 50 since those spam rates are also high.

and also You could contact the creator of the module or make it a model so other people can just grab it from the toolbox making it easier

1 Like

Damn I literally just posted a guide fixing registerMessageProcessFunction on discord.

Add clear history option to channels so that my plugin doesn’t require forking the source code.
My plugin currently uses a custom function within channels module that sets history to a blank table.

I’ll attach some screenshots of stuff I’ve suggested/bug reported.

Aw, I’m sorry! I don’t have access to my discord currently. The missing emojis were created when I ran all the emojis through the roblox chat filter and the ones that were filtered were removed. And I’ll work on the clear history option!.

EDIT: Your clear history function has been added!

1 Like

Hm, Thats odd. The ones listed there aren’t filtered by roblox.

Updated to work natively with betterchat.

1 Like

@Jumpathy I think you should add the Toxicity Module as a main feature since it could be a second filter for toxicity. You Could edit I guess but ask @Bloxxy213_DVL Since he made the Module from the API made. Do it if you want but I highly recommend it. Here is the Reply from him if you can’t find it. Better Chat V1 [Deprecated] - #119 by Bloxxy213_DVL

1 Like

I have two primary reasons not to add this.

• Potential false detection leading to bad user experience
  • Source being obfuscated

The Module is based on Googles Perspective so it should be good at detecting this.

I can confirm that the chat’s complete rewrite and overhaul is now in progress. It’ll probably still be a while before it’s out, but give me ideas to add to the new system. I have some new primary goals:

• Maintain the same visual appearance with slight improvements
  • Add more API versatility
  • Add a lot more chat features
  • Have a more efficient and readable codebase
  • Better scaling system
  • Way less bugs

You’ll be able to check out progress here. It may be a while before an UI even appears in the game. As of June 10th, I’m working on the server side of the code currently and establishing the client’s base. I’m hoping to be able to find some developers who can help me improve the new codebase, give ideas, and even create their own things for the chat. Please, if you have any ideas don’t hesitate to reach out! I’m wanting to add a very unique experience to this new chat.

• Thank you to everyone for using this system and supporting me! <3
9 Likes

Hello! I am happy to hear this! I have seen the current channel API and I am like “Huh?” when I look at it lol.

EDIT: add a better channel API like in some Roblox games have.

For the next version of BetterChat, I have some features that I think would be amazing.

Ideas
  • Add the auto fill to the API. It would add a lot of customization to the chat system.
  • Make it work with core GUI. What I mean is that it will close the chat when the chat icon is hidden.
  • Add more customization to players. Make it so I could change my chat display name.

List item

1 Like

This is a better version of the chat that doesnt look like the old topbar so the new topbar looks better with a matching chat. I like it.

Hey! Since you seem to be well-versed with the API system can you hmu in my DevForum messages with tons of idea for new API functions? I want to make this next version even more customizable, etc. I also love your ideas, def going to do as many as I can.

1 Like