Better Chat V1 [Deprecated]

You think you could tell me the event I could hook to get the chat input?

Yeah, it’s just like what you did there you just have to add an extra … between the variable and the next string.

Oh no I was trying to fix my command script. I was using .Chatted before but I was guessing that this script used its own event to get chat input from the client. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to use UIS to check if they hit enter and the textbox isn’t empty and copy the .Text from the textbox.

The Chatted event does fire, what are you doing?

you should add a “x, y and z are typing…” message below the chat box similar to discord

3 Likes

Hey all! I’m sorry for the lack of updates. The next update is going to be huge, introducing new API functions and new features. I’ve been caught up with school, as I released this during my school break. I’m hoping to release the next update within the next few days.

4 Likes

Can’t wait! This module just keeps on improving!
I’ve already integrated my custom admin system, and this is going to help with user interaction a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is really cool, will definitely check it out!

4 Likes

Can’t wait! Good luck - you’re doing great! Don’t rush, don’t overexert yourself!

2 Likes

On the documentation, it says to use API.systemMessage to create a system message. Just a question: What is defining API in this?

1 Like

Hey all! The update is taking longer than expected, due to a lot of me being busy in person with school and other things. Anyways, I have a warning for people.

DEAR PEOPLE WHO ARE FORKING THE SYSTEM

In my Discord, someone has alerted me there’s profanity in the emoji-system. This can be removed by going to “MainModule” > “Shared” > “emojisList” and removing the word that starts with an S and can be associated with feces. I really can’t believe I haven’t noticed this. There’s been a silent update that removed this about 30 minutes ago for non-forked versions.

7 Likes

Is there any way to disable the Typing Indicator?

2 Likes

Found a bug:
If there’s a gui over the text of the chat, it treats it like the gui isn’t there and it clicks the text, not the textbutton in the gui.

2 Likes

That isnt a betterchat bug, that happens with anything on roblox. Just hide the chat gui.

1 Like

So, I might be requesting something which is impossible but I’m unsure if it is impossible. Sadly, some keyboards including myself, use SHIFT+7 as its easier that way to access chat, clicking / is only on the numpad, which is annoying place to reach. I’ve been looking a bit at the code, and I can’t come to a conclusion if its possible or not, but if it is, are you able to make it so SHIFT+7 also activated the focus?

1 Like

How would you move the chat, for example to the lower left, instead of the top left?

1 Like

User Blocked Alert | Client Plugin

SETUP

1. Download the BlockedNotifier File
  2. Parent the Lua Module to | Plugins > Client

Congratulations! You are now all set up.

Details

PlayerName has been blocked - User Blocked Msg | System

PlayerName has been unblocked - User Unblocked Msg | System

This plugin does not fork internal systems.

Module Modifications

If you would like to modify the System messages you may modify them inside the script.
They are inside the module marked as

local BlockMsg = "%s has been blocked"; --> This is the message sent in the chat, the "%s" represents the player's name.
local UnblockMsg = "%s has been unblocked"; --> This is the message sent in the chat, the "%s" represents the player's name.
1 Like

Server Messages | Server Plugin

SETUP

1. Download the ServerMessages File
  2. Parent the Lua Module to | Plugins > Server

Details

ServerWait - NumberValue (Time required to wait before another System Message is sent.)

ServerTips - Table (Contains list of Tips)

Tip Template

local ServerTips = { -- Message, % it would be chosen | Try and keep your tips under 200 characters
   {"Your wanted Tip goes here", 100};
}

5 Likes

image I think i messed up, someone help

Idle Alerts | Client Plugin

SETUP

1. Download the IdleNotifier File
  2. Parent the Lua Module to | Plugins > Client

Details

IsEnabled - BoolValue (This is an attribute attached to the module determining if the function is active)

2 Likes