Better methods to organize group game revenue

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to evaluate revenue from different groups and games you own royalties in.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my game / my development experience because it would allow me to more clearly access what is causing the majority of my income and evaluate where to invest my time

Currently as shown:

I have revenue coming in from 3 different groups, soon to be 5 or even more, and some of those groups have several games respectively, we need a system to be able to view past weeks/ months / days revenue from a specific group, and groups should be able to separate their revenue by game’s. Sure you could try and evaluate with dev stats. but this is commonly a time consuming option.

4 Likes

I recommend this method

I’ve been using this method for years and operate 2 games with different teams earning different earning percentages. I pay the team on the 3rd of each month super efficiently, takes less than 10 minutes, and I have archives of every single month if needed.

While I understand your points behind not using percentage payouts I have always feared the idea since typically I do not own the games I own shares in and if the person I was working with met some tragic disease or injury then my payouts would not be able to continue. Ruthless mindset? Maybe, but when I’m earning a good income from my games I do not wan’t to risk it.

Spreadsheets to track profits for each game is a possibility however I feel It brings me back to my point
of

Id rather be able to click a button to select the group to see what i’ve earns from them in the past day / month / year then have to track everything myself.

1 Like

I completely understand, and I haven’t fully reconciled the potentially of that with my own group if I die before something is done to solve game group payouts.

Sadly, posts have been made about this for 5 years, and nothing has been done about it yet.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/different-payout-settings-per-group-game/17690

1 Like