Imagine the future of roblox.

8 Likes

FPS

Lowest Graphics: 20 - 30
Highest Graphics: ~6

Specs

Intel Core i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
8.00GB installed RAM
(Very low end as computers go, this is a laptop)

Other Info

Running Windows 10
Discord and OperaGX open while playtesting (6 tabs)
Resolution: 1366 x 768

Edit: tested it on the same device but at a resolution of 1920 x 1080, highest graphics was basically the same but lowest graphics was 15 - 25 fps

Rating: 9/10

The load time was great! Didn’t expect to join an intensive game in 5 seconds (although not everything was loaded in yet). The graphics were great (I think I saw reflections!)! The environment felt immersive and realistic (especially the little details such as flashing and camera shaking). Sounds were also well designed, which adds to the immersion. The only thing I can think of fixing from the top of my head is the fact that sometimes I fall through the blocks.

Edit: After reading some of the newer replies I still can’t figure out how I’m able to run the game faster than a high-end device?

3 Likes

Didn’t expect to get a playable framerate on my rather middling Google Pixel 5 (albeit at the lowest graphics quality).

It’s very impressive to see how we went from cubes to this, although I don’t believe that developers are willing to catch up.

1 Like

Would probably fix this so people could go edit & publish to mess around on their own on the place.

I do like the black hole effects and aliens though.

2 Likes

RAM doesn’t matter with Roblox as it’s 32 bit. The most you can get out of it is like 4GB.

5 Likes
2 Likes

That’s Studio only. It doesn’t apply to the actual Roblox game. The actual Roblox game is 32 bit, meaning your RAM is capped at 4GB.

5 Likes

Why did the team opt to use Parts as 3D sound emitters instead of Attachments?

Wouldn’t it be more efficient to use Attachments to hold Sound objects so that it doesn’t incur a physics penalty for having a Part in the workspace?

6 Likes

Looking at the code I don’t think efficiency was in mind. Seemed like they cared more about showcasing what the engine can do (which they did do).

1 Like

Sure, but then it seems odd to write a resources page on the DevHub encouraging people to do the same

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this is true but I thought ROBLOX only uses one core on your CPU, For something like this showcase or basically anything on the platform don’t you think they should Add GPU support or just use as much computer resources as possible to allow more FPS.

3 Likes

Yea but that’s a showcase. Why not focus more onto visual than efficiency as you will spend less time optimizing your game which will give you more time to building.

1 Like

Has anyone here noticed that you could use cheat in the GlobalSetting module located in ReplicatedStorage?

I wonder what are the cheat available :thinking:

EDIT:
I found out that it fire all the remote according to the line 429 of the EventManager script found in server script service. It allow you to manually fire event. Here is a example:

game.ReplicatedStorage.DemoTestEvent:FireServer("BackRoom")
3 Likes

The only problem I am getting lag-wise, is camera lag, although I had a problem with the camera lag.

3 Likes

pretty cool, ofc itll run like garbage bc roblox doesnt fully utilize gpus, but other than that its amazing

1 Like

yea I am also experimenting sorta low fps but its manageable on a decent computer like a m1 Mac

1 Like

@RBLXImagineer, Is there any reason why there is an function to print message in the event module even tho it doesnt do anything beside calling print?

here is the source code of the func

function EMModule.EventDebugPrint(message)
	if(true) then
		print(message)
	end	
end

I find it quite redundant.

I believe it could have gotten improved by doing this to improve the visibility and to add flexibility:

EMModule.shouldShowDebugPrint = true
function EMModule.EventDebugPrint(...)
   if EMModule.shouldShowDebugPrint then
      local args = {...}
      print("EMModule: ", table.unpack(args))
   end
end
2 Likes

Some seats are unanchored and some have welds…

There’s a few invisible meshes with collisions as well.

Also the aliens outside shouldn’t be collide-able and should have CanTouch and the related properties off for performance.

Some of these meshes could be changed to Box collisions to increase performance a lot too. I’ve seen a few Precise geometry meshes that are unnecessary as well.

I’m disappointed in this script…

11 Likes

Can the welded seat cause an optimization issue? I don’t think there’s that much of a issue with it beside that you can do :BreakJoint under exceptional occasion.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing. As others have mentioned, Roblox still has a ways to go in terms of optimization. My GPU usage is only hovering at around 50% in task manager. I’m getting ~20 FPS with a 3070 and a 5800X on a 4k monitor. If Roblox utilized more of the GPU for graphically demanding games like this one, I’m sure FPS could be improved.

1 Like