Black and white dots appearing when using terrain editor

Greetings devs!

I’ve been messing around on the terrain editor, and I’ve noticed that I keep getting these black and white dots around the terrain while I flatten it, or do other things. So I made a completely new baseplate, and tried flattening it, and it appeared.

Is this an issue caused by something i’ve done, or is it Roblox messing with me?

4 Likes

i think this has something to do with the rendering distance. it looks like you are far away from the terrain so the black and white dots are there for whatever reason because of the rendering distance. if you move closer to the terrain the issue will resolve on its own

1 Like

Unfortunately that isn’t the case. The black and white dots remained there no matter how far or close I am to the terrain.

Here’s a video of it, apologies for the low fps. A 2015 macbook pro won’t go that far

2 Likes

maybe its because you have an old device. thats the only thing i could think of.

4 Likes

The same issue is happening on my PC, which I built in 2021, and it also happened when I opened studio on my alt.

3 Likes

Try one of these things:

Reinstall Roblox Studio
Replicate the same issue in another game

1 Like

Will do :+1:

I Already have a few times

Just did, however it’s still occuring.

Must be some kind of bug with the flatten tool. All I can tell you to do is file a bug report. I’ve helped you all I can, I hope you find a way to fix this.

1 Like

It looks like a rendering error to me, similar to what you’d find in other applications like Blender. There’s a possibility that some graphics in computers aren’t so compatible (at the moment), but like everyone else is saying here this is something the engineers should investigate.

Just curious, are you using Metal as your renderer, and do you have any plugins or beta features enabled?

I have a lot of plugins, and I have the new UI enabled as well, however, when I restarted studio and disabled all plugins/features, the error still occurred.

Same thing happens to me, usually fixed when the game is actually tested (not in editor).

But it’s still an occurring problem. It shouldn’t be occurring even if you’re in editor.

Have you tried using a different type of terrain? It could just be that type of terrain.

It has been occurring with all terrains.

This could just be a graphical glitch.

Have you reported this to #bug-reports ?