Black outline appears when scaling images

Good news everyone!

This has been fixed!

Enjoy resizing decals without fear of artifacts!

Note: Youā€™ll need to reupload your decals for this to take effect.

[quote] Good news everyone!

This has been fixed!

Enjoy resizing decals without fear of artifacts!

Note: Youā€™ll need to reupload your decals for this to take effect. [/quote]

(Sorry to bring up such an old thread).
Black outlines still appear [size=2]at least on bigger images (1000*1000)[/size].

1 Like

Thereā€™s an issue relating to the fix for this and itā€™s currently disabled :frowning:

Iā€™ll let you know when we get this out for real.

(sorry for the late reply)

1 Like

Bumping this thread again, as it seems like this issue is still a thing. Whatā€™s the status on the fix fix?

3 Likes

Weā€™re still tracking down all the places that this caused some minor problems. The good news is that weā€™re pretty sure we know about all of them and weā€™re just about finished cleaning everything up.

I know this is frustrating to have it fixed and then disabled almost immediately. Thanks for being patient with us.

Iā€™ll post in this thread once itā€™s re-enabled.

This should be fixed for real this time :smiley:

14 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!

tumblr_mami53FpbT1qixynyo1_500.jpg

My vote is always there for premultiplied alpha.

Cheers.

I took a shot of it right now though:

Will it be rolled out later on? Will it only work on newly uploaded images?

You probably have to reupload the decal as mentioned earlier.

@buildthomas is correct.

Youā€™ll need to reupload. Sorry for the inconvenience

Iā€™m having this issue right now. You can find more about it here.

Sorry for the bump, but it appears that 2 years later it still isnā€™t fixed.

New uploads?

Yep, this tutorial was made only 2 months ago, if it was fixed there would be no need for the tutorial. I havenā€™t really experienced this issue as I donā€™t work with UI often, but I was having some weird outline problems with small images only a few weeks ago.

bumping. Iā€™ve been using decals for a build, and these black outlines are a nuisance.

6 Likes

Is there any idea when this will be fixed? Itā€™s annoying how my loading icon has a black outline around it.

1 Like

This is fixed, the site no longer mangles the color of transparent pixels. You will need to make sure your source image is correct. If you have black transparent pixels next to an opaque color, that will still have a black outline. The site doesnā€™t do any kind of fancy color correction if thatā€™s what youā€™re wondering, thatā€™s intentional.

See:

2 Likes