Blade - A free to use dashboard for open access to data about Roblox games

I will for sure take a look into this!
Really nice.

Nice job, I also appreciate the fact that itā€™s free for everyone to use!
May I ask what timezone the analytics are based on? :thinking:

Really awesome tool, well done!

3 Likes

The timezone is currently UTC, but Iā€™m working on localizing it to the local time of the person viewing the page.

3 Likes

Very cool, but is the total revenue at the top meant to show the gross or net estimated revenue? Itā€™s showing my games gross not net.

It shows the gross revenue, Iā€™ll look at making that clearer. Also to say, this doesnā€™t include Developer Products, as Iā€™m still working on a solution to estimate sales from those.

EDIT: It now reads ā€œTotal Gross Revenueā€

Alright, that makes it more clear.

In terms of estimating developer products, I donā€™t know if you could really find a good solution because games range drastically in the percentage of their revenue coming from them. For example my game only makes about 20% of itā€™s revenue from products, while others might be making > 50%. The most accurate you could get would have to be manually adding percentages to big games after talking to developers (not sure if anyone would be okay with giving this information up though.)

You could possibly add a slider bar where someone can drag it through different percentages of revenue from developer products to see how much they could be making, but automatically set it on a rough estimate based on the amount of gamepass sales, and # of visits.

What Iā€™m planning to do is select the top 50 games from top earning (in order), identify ground truths by identification of the games with no developer products by having that reported by humans (such as crowdsourcing). Using these as ground truths of revenue in the range, training a machine learning model when given information about a game to return the estimated dev product sales, combining these with the other sales, placing the game on the range and scoring the model based on where in the range it places the game versus its actual position on Top Earning.

TLDR: Iā€™m planning to use Machine Learning to estimate dev product sales.

2 Likes

Sounds cool, excited to see how it goes.

Just added a new feature

https://blade.intunderflow.site/top10?_

This graph shows the top 10 games being tracked by blade, by their active players.

So just out of curiosity, is there any way (current or planned) to access this data in the form of JSON REST API?

Planned and hopefully going to come out soon :slight_smile:

ah awesome. Iā€™d love to use it to design a proper dashboard UI. no need for me to code a scraper then :grin:

Does the Total Gross Revenue also take into account Dev Products that arenā€™t necessarily game-passes? (In this case, revenue earned via players buying extra cash in Jailbreak)

I noticed that the Phantom Forces blade data does not even display the Total Gross Revenue - maybe due to the fact that there are no game-passes, only in-game dev products.

1 Like

No, I canā€™t currently get any information on developer products at the moment, a proposed solution is:

1 Like

Without accounting for dev product revenue, the Total Gross Revenue should be named ā€œTotal Game-pass Revenueā€. For all we know, the current stated ā€œTotal Gross Revenueā€ could be only 50% of the actual earned revenue.

1 Like

@TheAviator01 Thereā€™s now a disclaimer below revenue on the site.

1 Like

Likes Gained and Dislikes Gained are now tracked historically over time and are available for any game, find them on the game page!

And to follow up, you can now sort by nearly any property in the top 10, includes Likes Gained, for example: https://blade.intunderflow.site/top10?sort=Likes_Gained

The possible sorts are:

• Dislikes
  • Dislikes_Gained
  • Playing (default)
  • Total_Visits
1 Like

Would it be possible to account for profit from VIP servers? I know some games that rely on VIP servers as the primary monetization means, and itā€™d be interesting to see what theyā€™re making. For example, this gameā€™s only revenue source is VIP servers: https://www.roblox.com/games/360589910/Hoops-Demo-Basketball