Blender Importing rotations and positions

Hey there! have anyone achieved to import a mesh from blender to studio with the same position and rotation, it is really annoying to import it and then reconstruct the mesh on Studio like this:

Where it should be like this:

Any idea of how to import it all with the same rotation and position?

3 Likes

This is going based off of what I know and I’m not too experienced in Blender importing, but as far as I know I don’t think its possible. I did think that it does spawn it in the right position in the workspace if you choose for it to. So I’m not sure that much on this.

The only thing i can suggest is to merge everything to 1 mesh in blender (Control + J) then export.
However that would be useless if you don’t have a texture for it beforehand/want to colour the parts in Studio.
Read my next reply

In object mode you can apply position and rotation to your objects. I think this will solve your problem.

Check the Object dropdown menu for options for doing this.

6 Likes

Scratch that, read up on this guide - Importing Multiple Meshes into Studio from Blender: The Beginners Guide
The plugin mentioned there will greatly help!

1 Like

I use add-on to import all objects in Studio from Blender. Also when “Studio” asks you “This object has position, do you want to place it like that?” then click “Yes” and while importing one object after one always click “Yes” when this appears.

In order for the parts to be imported properly, they have to have the same origin.
The best way to do this is to do the following:

1. Set your 3D cursor to the position 0, 0, 0
  2. Select all parts with A
  3. Press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + C
  4. Select “Origin to 3D Cursor”

That should allow you to get the position right.
Not sure whether that fixes the incorrect rotation shown in your original image, though - let me know if it doesn’t!

Yup actually yours fixed the issue!

It was just selecting that property

I usually just import meshes through .obj which automatically solves the issue