Blender Material Output not working

So I’m working on a bump map and following the video below. I followed all their steps but once I got to 4:17… The material output isn’t working for me. I’m using the following rig. Please help thanks from John!

Video:

Rig:

Screen shot:

2 Likes

You need to create a node setup, the reason why you can not place your output node is because you have to create the material layout. Click the new button :

And you should be about to create it. Hope this helps.

This blender manual may also help and answer any questions you may have.
https://docs.blender.org/manual/es/2.79/render/cycles/nodes/index.html

Also, I’d really recommend straying away from “roblox blender tutorials” and try finding some that cover how cycles render works along with nodes and maybe learn a bit about compositing nodes (these ones just help the final render and not having to to use Photoshop to do simple touch ups.

2 Likes

It doesn’t work.

1 Like

You have to click the ‘new’ button to add a new material, not the sphere next to it. If you click that, it takes you to a list of materials already in your scene, but you want to make a new one, so hit new.

^ Please do heed this advice, roblox blender tutorials are often very clipped in terms of what you can learn.

1 Like

@Strongjohnfgamer Uh, I’d really advise you re-read what I said. I said click the new button.

And, I say stray away from roblox tutorials because you can learn so much more from actual blender forums and tutorials.

Of course it is personal preference, but in my findings. It’s just as easy as, having a question about say how to add bump mapping. Well Blender forums and tutorials are going to have far more answers than a roblox tutorial. It’s better to figure things out yourself rather than follow someone who is showing one thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like