Blender rig exporter/animation importer

SOLVED:
I found the problem!
The name of the rig model itself I guess can’t have a minus ( - ) in it, it worked after I changed the name from RPG-7 to RPG7

Before (broken):
After (fixed):

Hey, just posting this comment for anybody else who encounters this problem. This seems to affect underscores ( _ ) as well, so make sure you remove those too!

2 Likes

Is this ever going to support Blender 2.82, 2.83, even all the way to 2.9x?

Plugin still works for me. I am currently using Blender 2.91.

Have an issue with the plugin not being able to import the animations (I already tried reinstalling studio and the plugin)

1 Like

How do I export a pre-made animation on a rig that was only ever in blender and rigged there?

1 Like

export the animation as a fbx
the same goes to the model

That would use mesh deformation

I thought Roblox already supported mesh deformation?

That’s my point, this is for a plugin to take rigs out of blender, they want to take a blender rig into studio, hence that would be a question for the mesh deformation thread

Is it possible to import Roblox animations to Blender and edit them there?
I’m fine if I have to switch things manually without the plugin, but what I’m specifying is:

KeyFrameSequence > Blender Animation (with the rig of course)

Sadly no, I have tried and got no where

What?

I need the addon!!!

You should be able to see it now, I think github went down for bit

I was going to use the Wayback Machine to get the addon lol

Am I doing something wrong or is ik not working with the newer version of blender?
https://gyazo.com/585845a3eb2f9d48b7b71687501bb1e0

Works for the arms but not the legs, kind of confusing to me

I have a question. Is there some sort of way or is it even possible to do this on more than 1 rig?

In blender, I spawned a rig and added the bones and stuff it was well but when I spawned in another rig from Roblox , it didn’t work when I tried to add bones to it.

1 Like

it seems like you arent in pose mode

I’m for sure in pose mode so idk

Bend legs back and then add IK to them.