Blender rig exporter/animation importer

I have a question. Is there some sort of way or is it even possible to do this on more than 1 rig?

In blender, I spawned a rig and added the bones and stuff it was well but when I spawned in another rig from Roblox , it didn’t work when I tried to add bones to it.

1 Like

it seems like you arent in pose mode

I’m for sure in pose mode so idk

Bend legs back and then add IK to them.

Do you know of a way to get this to work with mesh deformation?
I managed to import a custom mesh rig into Studio but when I attempt to use the addon it says the rig has no primary part.

Don’t think this addon works for bones since it’s been released long before mesh deformation came about. You’d want to animate your rig in blender and export/import it as an .fbx file via Roblox’s default animation editor.

@Den_S Since this doesn’t support skinned meshes/bones and you said use a built-in fbx animation importer, where can I find an fbx animation importer for roblox? Also in the future, will ur plugin/addon support skinned meshes anytime soon?

Is there a way of using this for doing Roblox animation for videos? Such as having several character models with separate rigs in blender and I can animate two characters at once.

It’s possible but requires a bit of a workaround.

Most you can do is position each character the place you want in studio, import one of the rigs into Blender, rename the _Rig & _RigMeta to _Rig1 & _RigMeta1. Copy the rig, import in the other rig and then paste the first rig into the scene. You should now have both rigs. (You can do this for multiple rigs by renaming them each and copying them together with the others before importing in a new one.)

To export the anims back to Roblox just rename the rig you want to export the anim data back to their original name (_Rig and _RigMeta), then back to whatever their name was so you can export the 2nd rigs animation data again.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

any chance for Maya animation export/import ?
it is a horrible experience to try and animate custom 4 legged characters in roblox.
and equally horrible to learn blender just for a few character animations

You can use the built in rig importer

1 Like

Thanks. Now I get to import my rig that uses blender armature bones.

I’m having some issues with the Navigation Tab not showing the “Rbx Animations tab”.

As you can see here, I have the plugin enabled and working, so I’m unsure as to why it’s not showing the tab.

BlenderBug2

Any help would be amazing on this as it seems to be working and up-to-date with the fairly recent replies of it working fine up to this point.

Note: The rig I used was just a Blocky Dummy rig from Roblox’s “Build Rig” plugin. I exported it correctly as demonstrated in the tutorial. Thanks.

the cause of the issue could also be that the dummy has a weird name

also are u sure u have the right version of the blender plugin

1 Like

I’ve changed the dummy to a ton of different things but nothing changed. And I’m pretty sure I have the right version. The file name is the correct “something.py” and I’m using 2.91.

yeah then idk wats the issue
u could try using one older version of blender like 2.8

u arent using it in teamcreate arent u

I’ve tried in both team create and none, no difference. And I’m not sure how to get 2.8 as when I go to the versions page and press download it redirects me to download the latest version

Does the dummy have a space in it’s name?, If it does try to remove it, if not try to get another version of the plugin for blender

The dummy had no spaces in its name and I’ve tried a few names, literally like “Dummy” with no success. And I’ve tried the 2.79 version, with no surprise, it gave an error. I might try the older ones if that’s what you mean though?

What was the error? Side not you can see error’s in the scripting tab