Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Any way to import a already imported animation into Blender?

1 Like

Can you clarify a little more?

1 Like

How are you supposed to clarify that more…

1 Like

i cant find it in my file i had to update to 2.9.20 and now i cant find it

1 Like

Does anyone know a way to export custom animations onto an FBX imported rig? I’ve tried alot of things and nothing has worked so far

1 Like

You export the armature only

and bake the animation

There can be some wacky stuff happening like the mesh not moving correctly

You should scale down the mesh first so its isnt over scaled on import

and then export the animation

note this is for rigs that arent exported via the addon

Because since a lot of people are using mesh deform models that have armatures

HERE IS A TUTORIAL I MADE

19 Likes

I already figured it out, thanks for the help though!

1 Like

Does anyone know how to set up IK to work similarly to Roblox Studio?

1 Like

Are you referring to how the ik makes the arms bend logically e.g. elbows only bend like real elbows bend, if so I can make a quick tutorial about that if you’d like

Thank you for the offer, but I know how IK works, I just need to know how to set up IK bones to be limited or to always face the same directionso I can make animations with ease same way Roblox Studio IK works.

1 Like

If I want my rig to hold a sword in its hand, is there a way I can get the plugin to work? I believe it could be possible to mimic the sword being held as blender’s weld modifier, but I would like to have it as some sort of motor instead.

So far, I tried to set swords as Accessories, but I still get an error when I try to import the rig in blender.

Any ideas?

Can you explain that a little more? Because I do not understand what you are trying to say when you say “limited or to face the same direction”

1 Like

If the sword is a model then you all you need to do is if the sword has many parts weld them to a center part, then connect the center part to the hand via a Motor6D

1 Like

You know how when you enable IK in the feet and move the feet slightly in front, once you move the torso forward, the IK makes the feet bend inwards instead of outwards, it prefers that because it’s the closest bend. So if there was a way to prevent IK from bending in that direction it would solve the problem, a knee cannot bend backwards unless broken.

1 Like

How can I export an animation via a custom rig? I tried but it does not seem to work

1 Like

Ahhhh, okay I should have a ne tutorial soon I’ll post it here in a reply once it is done

2 Likes

Here ya go! I hope it covers what you were needing;

2 Likes

Are you sure u have the right plugin installed

1 Like

Yeah I’m 100% sure cause how else would I get it? The only place I got the plugin was here.

1 Like

How do I export an animation with a part that doesn’t have any keyframes to not have any keyframes when the animation is exported? Actually nevermind.

1 Like