Blender rig exporter/animation importer

But that doesn’t fix the texture issues chief. might as well using the community rigs than whatever this plugin has come to.

Just want to say that it was never importing textures the right way

1 Like

I’ve recently made a fork of the python script which changes the names of each bone from eg. “RightUpperArm” to “UpperArm.R” in blender and then reverses this when you’re exporting the animation so that it works upon importing to roblox.
The name change is necessary for using CTRL + SHIFT + V in blender (Paste Flipped)
If you’re alright with it I’ll post the fork here or wherever.

1 Like

So I have been trying to work with this plugin to make one animation for like 3 days. My final problem to finally start doing blender animations is to fix this.

https://gyazo.com/5fba1f87cc49088c4c8d63ad81b99379

The rig does not move after importing animation and cannot be edited using animation editor though I do see that the keyframes have location and rotation data in roblox.
This is not a shared place. I also tried in a shared place and didn’t work.

With this plugin you can not not use it in a shared space or you will have your issue that you have shared, though since like you mentioned the animation doesn’t import into studio properly, the problem is this error;
Because your models name has incorrect characters one of which is the space included in the name as you can see here;
Another reason you may not see the animation is possibly because of this script in your model;
Which speaking of scripts I don’t know if any others have this said this but I will say it now;
DO NOT ANIMATE IN A PLACE THAT IS EITHER SHARED OR HAS SCRIPTS INSIDE OF IT ANYWERE
As the above mentioned things love to break this plugin. And if fixing these things doesn’t fix your problem then I suggest re-exporting the rig to a new file, re-importing it into blender make a quick animation e.g. move an arm or hand or make the head do a 360 really fast just something that is very noticeable and export the animation data & re-import it into studio and see if it is fixed if not I am more then willing to help you attempt to continue to find a fix

2 Likes

Nope didn’t work. I did try exporting as fbx after that and it moved the rig but the movements were multiplied by 100 and the rotations were inversed
I also checked the tab that would give warnings but i got nothing.

Right now I have tried to create some kind of superhero idle pose on blender and exported into roblox ( this is a non-edited R15 roblox dummy and still same results.
(Edit 2: After some trial I figured out that if I import animation into roblox then open animation editor the dummy takes the initial pose of the animation but freezes. Keyframes have animation data as before)
(Edit 3: I found that the animation only copies the initial pose becuase i press A in pose mode the cntrl C then export animation. After trying without pressing cntrl C no message appears that animation was loaded. After some trial I have fixed the animation and THE RIG MOVES CORRECTLY IN ANIMATION EDITOR.)
Edit 4 (solution) : When I export the rig the parts than go into blender are named dummy(number) so I renamed every part BEFORE rebuilding the rig. After that I parented the face ( appears as a larger part than the head) to the head bone so that the face moves with the rig and I can see where the rig is looking. After I normally animate the rig I import into roblox like normal but no text for animation loaded appears and It seems like nothing happened. I upload to roblox and rename it to the animation I want it to be then open the animation editor on the same rig or a duplicate then I import from roblox. After this i can modify the animation to be looped. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem.

This took me about a week to fix and I don’t wish that for anyone. Ask me as a reply to this message if you have a similar problem.

3 Likes

May 27 2022,

I’ve updated the addons and seems like it’s working perfectly fine, however an exported Viewmodel is completely messed up except when i use R15 or R6 which doesn’t seem to have any problem

Roblox edited some API and it’s sometimes broken but not almost.

1 Like

PSA: my account has an old/working version of this plugin, and i’ve been able to extract it from the plugin cache

this plugin should now function correctly, but do be aware that parts in blender will be named with a number after them and sometimes incorrectly capitalized

to fix this just go in blender’s explorer on the right top side, and double click an incorrectly named part

fyi @Den_S fix your plugin, people rely on this daily, and some even live off of it for profits, sure it may not be your fault but if you’ve made such an amazing plugin i’m sure you can fix this

link:

https://www.roblox.com/library/9774140867/OldRbxAnimations

hope this helps, note that i haven’t tested it for r15, only fe gun kit viewmodels and r6 rigs

for the best results i suggest using no faces, textures, and no accessories

1 Like

I’ve updated the 1st post with some additional information about commonly occurring issues. If your issue isn’t mentioned there, let me know.

It should all just work (assuming you’re using the newest plugin and addon versions).

2 Likes

Is There A Way I Can Import Multiple Rigs?
I tried to import 2 Character Rigs for a cutscene animation but it just removes the old rig every time.

make a blend file with 1 rig and copy it. open blend file with the other rig. make a new collection in the explorer (optional). Right click and paste into new collection. You should have 2 rigs in the place now. Whichever one has the name _Rig and _RigMeta in the explorer will be the one that gets exported when you export with the plugin. You can just rename them back and forth to export both animations from the scene.

1 Like

i cant install the blender plugin properly

file is .py and it is ticked in the addons tab

but it doesnt show up as a plugin

everything is up to date

help

1 Like

I’ve been having this weird Issue, Where I can’t move bones in Blender, also experiencing Issues with the accessories and textures, they can’t import properly but that doesn’t matter too me too much, my main issue is that the bones keep breaking and I can’t move em at all.

Are you using the latest version of blender and 2.8 - 2.93+ blender addon version?
Check in the n panel, it should show up there as (RBX Animation)

Make sure you have the latest version of the addon and remove the decal of the face from the character (personally I’ve exported with it and had no issues even if it says its an issue).

Export it, import into blender, then in the N panel, make sure to click the build rig button.

The bones should be placed into the rig, after that, click on it and go into pose mode to move the bones and animate them.

Textures thing is just Roblox being jank with blender. if you see weird stretching lines, go into shading tab and remove the normal map node at the bottom. The only nodes you need in there is the “Image texture” node, “Principled BSDF” and of course the material output node.

(Just to note anybody who is coming up upon this post, the plugin and addon work perfectly normal and expected :+1: , R6 slightly jank with the no bevels thing but it seems to export animations properly.)

1 Like

I have got the import to work but the names in the animation downloaded from Mixamo have the number one on the end of the names which I have to remove before I can import, is there a way of stopping this as takes ages to rename.

Thanks
Julian

in the rig the bones move but none of the body parts dont move is there a fix to this

here is a video: Blender 2022-06-26 01-39-51.mp4 - Google Drive

1 Like

Having an issue with only bones moving on a custom rig in blender.

Look up Batch Rename for blender here’s a Youtube video:
It’s free it comes with blender 2.81+ by default I think…

change the “Data Type:” to ‘Bones’ then in the “Find:” Text field put it to 1
then in the “Replace:” Text field put nothing it’ll remove all the 1’s from your bone names
make sure you have them all selected though.

Hi, I’m having an issue where the bones will move, but the body part won’t. Any solution to this?

1 Like

Several, though we would need more info. Like is there any errors in your Roblox plugin side, how is your rig set up (file tree)?, what does the rig look like in blender?, is it the same or different too what Roblox looks like?, what blender & plugin version are you using?, is your Roblox plugin side up to date?