Blender rig exporter/animation importer

I know there’s good chance I’ll never get a reply, but do you think it’s possible to animate a custom model made in blender and export/import it to roblox studio ?

Yes, you can, at least that is if I am understanding what your meaning

Hey, thanks for replying.
Here’s what i mean : I made this SCP-002 model in blender, where i made an animation for the door/hatch opening, but now i don’t know how to send it over to roblox studio. I’ve tried looking at some tutorials but they didn’t really help, could you ?

Last I checked the best option would be too, import the entire model into studio then rig it there, export it to blender via this tool and do that way

1 Like

I would suggest just moving the bone backwards and upwards and putting a location rotation keyframe

Do you know if i have to rig it or could i just not rig it at all ?

What I normally do is if I’m working with a huge Object that I want to have animated is just set a main part weld all the stuff that isn’t going to move to it, then motor6D everything that is going to move

EDIT FOR A THIRD TIME;

It turns out that for some reason the upper torso and the lower torso are not moving when I preview the animation via the plugin but the moment I load it into the built in animation studio it all moves fine. I’ve attached gifs of what I mean below;
Animation playing via the plugin;
Blender Plugin
Animation playing via studio plugin;
Animation Editor

I don’t see the thing on the side

Just wondering what rebuild rig option to use, i am using blender 2.8, when I click Rebuild rig it brings up a menu rigging type, local y axis etc. When I first did it my bones appeared in a different spot, then my imported guy (i did move him to center and moved origins of the parts to center of mass, so not sure if that effects it)

[edit] I think i got it, tried leaving it where it was. Im able to move it how its suppose to now

So after setting up things to animate how can I see the different key-frames for each bone, similar to Moon editor plugin or the Roblox animation plugin, I seen it done before.
Im using a custom rig

Its my first time trying to do animation with blender, and also new to 2.8

I used to use this tool for year but out of suddenly the plugin is not visible in the 3d view when pressing N anymore. I have deleted the file, reinstalled it, downloaded other Blender versions but nothing seems to work anymore.

1 Like

Seconded - having the same issues.

If the plugin is not working correctly in 2.8 try using blender .2.79 as it still currently works.

Solved the issue, it does work in 2.80. I had accidentally deleted the empty that came with the import.

1 Like

Experiencing an issue. Wondering is anyone else is facing this?

Within Blender my animation looks clean and has minimal clipping into the group, the foot planting is solid.
https://i.gyazo.com/1e6e55ba543f149f117abd2d6dba2102.mp4

Then when imported into studio there is massive clipping through the ground and it does not plant the feel very solidly.
https://i.gyazo.com/1fdbc3e19cb49b811a19a05fe1b6fcf3.mp4

Is the root part of the rig at the same spot as when you exported it?

i just tried this DOES NOT work with the new bone instance for exporting from Roblox to Blender or importing animation from Blender
RIP

I’m guessing your referring too the latest version of blender?

1 Like

Since skinned meshes are in beta now and soon being released, will there be an update to this plugin that supports the new bone features?

Roblox included a way to import rigs from blender that have pre-constructed bone data and re-constructs it for you when loading that rig into studio.

Essentially what I would like to do is be able to make my model, rig, and animate it all in blender before I even begin the exporting process, so if I can just directly export my animations after I finished importing my rig into studio, that would make this process a whole lot more one directional and completely eliminates the back and forth workflow that we currently deal with.

1 Like