Blender rig exporter/animation importer

I keep getting an error about the collection object having no attribute ‘active’. I tried googling it but there were no results. I’m trying to map keyframes by bone name. What do I do?

You’ll have to first import a rig (it moved to the Blender import menu since 2.80), after that it’ll show up.

This may be due to Roblox’s animation scaling, try diabling AutomaticScalingEnabled in the humanoid.

Roblox nowadays has .fbx animation importing built into the animation editor. You probably want to just use that instead.

This plugin and addon are primarily still useful if you have a Roblox rig which you want to animate externally.

This may be due to an incompatible Blender version (only 2.79 and 2.80 have been tested by me, 2.82 should work, 2.83 is unknown).

1 Like

I would use the FBX importer, but bone location doesn’t import (at least, on the studio beta build), which breaks certain rigs.

Sounds like an issue that should be fixed on the fbx importer.

While it’s possible to extend this to also support Blender-created rigs, the built-in fbx animation importer seems like a robust technique to use going forward for rigs that aren’t created within Roblox.

2 Likes

Question:
https://gyazo.com/0dc46c658ce40a2865a76c195015c8b5
I’ve generated IK contraints on my wolf model, but is there any way to make these constraints compatible with rotating a joint?
I can’t rotate the joints.
If someone could help me, thank you!!

Off topic but will this work with mesh deform? I would much rather use blender to animate than Studio.

It’s a honor to he the 600th like. Anyway, this plugin and addon is really really useful and I advice everyone to use it. As I have learnt 3D Modeling this year, I will have another use of Blender! Great stuff.

This is an awesome plugin, but I have a problem. My imported animations don’t play correctly in the game. My hand and the item in it just don’t move. I used this video to figure out how to make hands to first-person games. In Blender (2.8) it’s fine.

1 Like

@Wr0ngSaint it’s probably animated incorrectly. You may have made a animating mistake while developing the entire animation that you were wanting to make. Im not sure if it’s technically a animation error but I think that is the case.

Hello. I would really love to get that walk animation by default into our game!

Why can’t I upload animation to roblox more than once each time I open a file? I have to close and open the file simultaneously just to upload 2 animation.

1 Like

I’ve managed to fix my previous issue, but now when I try hitting the “rebuild rig” UI, all the sudden this pops up. How can this be fixed?

Hello, Thanks for this great tutorial and plugin! The original plugin works for me in blender 2.8 but your mixamo adapted one (which I would prefer) will install but not show up when importing a rig. Also when installing the addon it says 2.8x update required (I have the very latest 2.8 update) any ideas?

1 Like

Hello. Thanks for this tutotial looks great! I am quite new to rigging and animation in roblox but trying to learn. When I export a rig from studio using your plugin, and then importing it into blender 2.8 like described above, I ONLY get the rig, I see no model, nor bones as I can see in your pictures. I confirm that after exporting the rig from roblox, there is np model (I tried importing it using the ‘regular’ obj import funktion. what am I doing wrong?

2 Likes

Hi, so this tutorial has been working ever since I first saw it but now when I try to export the rig, a random part appears at the feet of the rig. Does anyone know what the problem is/how to fix it?

1 Like

Just turn off the plugin using the x button. Then it will all disappear.

4 Likes

Yes, I did. However I am trying to export it and when I select it with the plugin again after closing out the plugin the part re-appears.

2 Likes

There’s 2 features that I hope it will have soon:
Allow Roblox animations to be imported back to Blender;
Only export keyframes on animated parts instead of all parts when imported to Roblox such that we don’t have to manually delete unwanted keyframes on certain unanimated parts.

5 Likes

There is something you do with exporting Welds, you connect the objects together into the same bone so the objects move in sync when you move the bone. Could you apply this feature for WeldConstraints too? I can’t believe you haven’t already done this

Also why do I keep getting “Joint connecting” errors with motor6d’s inside folders?

2 Likes

I have problem with exporting animation, I made my own IK by adding bones but whenever I try to export it, it would always have an error pop-up.

(EDIT: issue resolved)
(EDIT 2: issue is back, would like to know possible solutions to this problem as I keep encountering it, and my alternative method of fixing it does not have desirable results)

1 Like