Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Really? I’ve been importing an r15 character with a 6-part weapon.

This randomly happens sometimes: what is the cause?

I export the rig into blender, but the actual objects don’t move with the armatures, just the armatures move:

I think its something do how with how I exported it, does CanCollide and/or Anchored matter at all? I know the humanoidrootpart is required to be anchored, but it is anchored already. I also wonder if the problem has to do with the order that I welded everything together, do you need to start with the humanoidrootpart first then weld everything down the tree until you get to the small objects, or vice versa?

(On blender 2.8.1a)
This plugin is a lifesaver btw den

are you sure you didn’t rotate the weapon after u rigged it because even a tiny rotation can mess up importing

the second issue could also be you have each part the same name or the mesh/ or meshes/ in front of it

also check ur rig on Roblox’s animator before incase a part is rigged wrong it might not always show one error but its helpful sometimes

1 Like

I will try that rn, thank you!!

SOLVED:
I found the problem!
The name of the rig model itself I guess can’t have a minus ( - ) in it, it worked after I changed the name from RPG-7 to RPG7

Before (broken):
After (fixed):

Hey, just posting this comment for anybody else who encounters this problem. This seems to affect underscores ( _ ) as well, so make sure you remove those too!

2 Likes

Is this ever going to support Blender 2.82, 2.83, even all the way to 2.9x?

Plugin still works for me. I am currently using Blender 2.91.

Have an issue with the plugin not being able to import the animations (I already tried reinstalling studio and the plugin)

1 Like

How do I export a pre-made animation on a rig that was only ever in blender and rigged there?

1 Like

export the animation as a fbx
the same goes to the model

That would use mesh deformation

I thought Roblox already supported mesh deformation?

That’s my point, this is for a plugin to take rigs out of blender, they want to take a blender rig into studio, hence that would be a question for the mesh deformation thread

Is it possible to import Roblox animations to Blender and edit them there?
I’m fine if I have to switch things manually without the plugin, but what I’m specifying is:

KeyFrameSequence > Blender Animation (with the rig of course)

Sadly no, I have tried and got no where

What?

I need the addon!!!

You should be able to see it now, I think github went down for bit

I was going to use the Wayback Machine to get the addon lol

Am I doing something wrong or is ik not working with the newer version of blender?
https://gyazo.com/585845a3eb2f9d48b7b71687501bb1e0

Works for the arms but not the legs, kind of confusing to me