Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Just about not being the correct version of Blender, as expected, since I was using 2.8 using the 2.79 plugin. I’ll try to get the exact error a little later.

I think i see the issue,

You have imported it with Default Blender obj importer.
You have to import with plugin one…
Hopefully this helps!

Ah okay! Thanks! I’ll let you know if it works!

Thanks! It worked, just me being a bit dumb haha.

For future reference if you’d want to install a newer version of Blender:

If you use Blender through Steam, you can go to the ‘Libray’ then find wherever Blender is, right click the software then open ‘Preferences’ afterwards you can go to the ‘Betas’ tab and select a version varying from 2.77 to 2.91, I generally find it helpful to just use the Steam variant to keep stuff updated and easily change to a newer or older version depending on what I need. The Windows’ store version currently uses 2.91 I believe. The following link should take you to the page to go through download a Microsoft Software Installer file for 2.83 LTS (Long Term Support): https://www.blender.org/download/Blender2.83/blender-2.83.10-windows64.msi

Thanks! And huh, you can get blender on Steam? Well that’s new to me haha.

1 Like

I get this error when I use the Axis aligned bones option when rebuilding the rig, I am on 2.91.0 currently

I can’t import my animation, what’s the problem? I am on 2.91.

Do you mean you can’t import the rig so you can animate?

I mean, importing to studio, it doesn’t show up the script.

It doesn’t open the script? If I am understanding that correctly check the workspace and see if a plain “script” is there and open it and see if it say’s something like --Paste below
As well check if you allowed the plugin to inject scripts.
Another possible issue is that your in a place that has Team Create on, which might mess with it, no idea though never had that specific issue in Team Create places.

Allow the Plugin to insert or modify scripts in your workspace, that might fix it.

Did that, but it doesn’t import the animation after putting the key.

I am having an issue, when I press Rebuild Rig it comes up with an error. This is what it looks like:

Is there spaces or special characters in any of the rigs parts, including the model?

2 Likes

It’s all good, I fixed it :smiley: It was something in the render area

Is it still possible to import the Craraker into Mixamo and use the animations from there? Tried it but my character does not move! Is it possible to read somewhere in more detail how this should work?

OK I have now managed to animate the Roblox character with Mixamo animations, but still don’t know if this is the right way to go. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do this correctly?

1 Like

I don’t quite know what your asking, it looks like you’ve imported the animations correctly so are you needing help getting it to studio?

I can import animations into Studio without any problems!
What does not work is the usual import into Mixamo! If I do it the usual way (export Roblox character as .FBX from Blender and import in Mixamo), then my character does not move in Mixamo. It only works if I separate the bones from the mesh in Blender, export it as .FBX and then import it in Mixamo. In Mixamo then the mesh is missing, but the bones get animated as usual. Then you can import the animation from Mixamo into Blender.
Is the right way to do it or if there is another way?