Blender rig exporter/animation importer

I apologize but I do not have experience with Mixamo at all so I can’t help you

Would it be possible to ignore textures / decals when exporting?

For some reason, my Rbx Animations tab will not come up. I have the 2.8, 2.91, etc. file installed - have reinstalled a few different times. And I have tried it on both 2.91.2 and 2.8 to no avail. The tab just won’t show up, or I don’t know where to find it.

Press N, it will expand a window and there will be Animations Tab for it, then just rebuild the rig.

THANK YOUUU!! It worked with the mesh for me, but in the latest plugin it seems to not work with the mesh, but it works with just the armature!

I’ve been looking everywhere please tell you me you know how to get animations into studio

Import the FBX file as a custom avatar using the preset avatar importer plugin. Make sure the mesh is extremely small (as small as you can get it) to prevent a common bug with this. Then go in to the animation editor and select the rig. Click the 3 dots and import them from fbx animation. Then select the fbx file of the mesh that contained the blender animation. Then scale it up to its proper size. That should be all. Let me know if there’s any other problems or questions. For easier contact DM me on discord at DevourerOfBread#1058

1 Like

I didn’t very much enjoy the inverse kinematics that comes with the plugin, so I made my own. Problem is, I get an error whenever trying to export. Any solutions?

Here is the error:

Did you edit the bones at all?

The inverse kinematics of the plugins r fine u just have to change the chain length of the IK
if u have it too long it causes issues
more ik constrains help but cause problems later on

Yes, I connected the leg bones and moved the node connecting the upper and lower leg slightly forward.

I don’t like the IK, because at least with 2 chain length the foot doesn’t have as much control as I’d like it to. I’ll take another look at it when I get home after work.

That’s your issue, you can’t edit the bones at all I find

I am using the built-in connected rig build instead of the standard y axis. It still doesn’t let me create my own IK constraints, though. Same error as before. The reason I want to make custom IK is because the auto IK isn’t as easy for me to rely on, lol. When the heel bone goes backward, the leg inverts in an unnatural way unlike it should. The IK could just be better imo, so I want to make my own. How can I make it compatible with the plugin, though?

You can’t and it sounds like the issues your having is nothing I’ve seen before, can you send a gif of it what your referring too?

Would you know how to fix bone problem? when importing back to blender from mixamo it throws up a error that i am missing bones.

just export the bones without the mesh

I was able to work around the bone issue by installing Blender 2.79. It works like the instructions and tutorials demonstrate. Blender 2.91 and 2.79 can be installed side by side and I’ve found no issues.

The op has the link to 2.79’s python script.

I was able to take the export from 2.79 in fbx and bring it into 2.9. Far better UI.

Best of luck!

u could also just download the 2.8x version and it would work for 2.9x

but i guess that also works

Having some issues here.

When attempting to export the rig, it seems to fail to select all meta parts for export. This may be why it fails to generate an armature when imported to Blender.

On top of that, opening the plugin and selecting a rig will cause the simulation to run.
Blender Export Bug

The fact that only Pause is available but not Stop is odd. Pressing Pause will of course pause the simulation and an Undo operation will restore the position of some models that moved. Not pictured since it only happens to some models within the place and only happens sometimes is that a few certain models do not have their position restored by CTRL+Z. This requires me to exit and restore the save file of my modeling/animation work place.