Blender rig exporter/animation importer

How do you animate multiple characters in blender? In regards to importing into and playing them in roblox. Do I have to make an animation for each character or something like that?

Furthermore, how do I import multiple characters into blender? Whenever I try, it deletes the previous character - and if I duplicate the existing character and rig, the rig doesn’t move completely with the character and leads to distorted animating.

OOOOOkay, little tip (and not trying to sound snarky) only use this plugin in a empty save place, where ONLY what you are wanting to animate are in the workspace, then try again, also my plugin does not select all the parts and it works fine, so try the above and see if that fixes it

Is there any way to export and import rigs with extra motor6D’s? I tried it but it doesn’t work

What do you mean by extra Motor6D’s?

1 Like

uh i did what i wanted but players main limbs don’t move

It looks as though your problem could be with your rigging, as well I would suggest not having the work space be so cluttered when animating, as because when you launch the plugin scripts will run and physics will apply, so my general rule of thumb is just to animate on an empty place

Something is wrong with the graphical visualization in the new Blender 2.92 version. After importing via the plugin, I can partially see through the mesh even though it is there.
When I open a model that I imported with an older Blender version, everything is displayed correctly in the new Blender 2.92 version! So the error is probably in the import process in the new 2.92 Blender version!

I think you have to unplug the alpha texture in the principled bsdf.

Tried it without alpha and completely without texture, but the rendering is still incorrect!

Maybe check the normals of the character. It looks like backface culling may be causing this.

That was also my first thought! Have that checked too and it all looks fine - the mesh itself also looks flawless!
It must be something else, because when I change the angle of view, the spots on the mesh that I can see through also change. With wrong normals, the “holes” would always be in the same place.

Could you send the blend file?

OK i found the solution!
Go to Material Properties > Settings > change Blend Mode to Opaque

I wonder why the material is set to Alpha Blend after import.

1 Like

Your plug in is awesome . Thank you very much. I can animate my models nicely !

2 Likes

This is a great plug-in, but I’m having problems importing the rig into blender. When I do this, it is very far away from the origin. This wouldn’t be a problem, except when I insert a Mixamo FBX animation the HumanoidRootPart is still super far away while the rest of the bones are at the origin, causing the animation to be imported weirdly in Studio.

https://streamable.com/uqicta

Any solution for this issue?

I found the solution to my problem was clicking Object > Set Origin > Geometry to Origin
Also make sure to set the keyframe mode to rotation only so that it levitate your character by a few studs.

So, I’ve tried multiple versions of Blender. All of which I had problems with. The furthest I have gone was 2.91… Everything seemingly runs smoothly. However, I can not actually rig my model. This is the error I get; any solutions?

1 Like

I’m having issues with Blender. When I install the addon, it says 2.8x update required. I have tried 2.92, 2.82, and 2.8, but nothing is working. What should I do?

Can anyone who is great at Blender 2.79b and this plug-in DM me? I’m having some issues with a custom mocap animation and I have no idea how to import it to the rig (it breaks every time). Thanks

I know uou specified the version of blender but have you tried it on the newer versiona