Blender rig exporter/animation importer

This is broken and can not be used anymore.

All I get when selecting a model R15 model is:

03:13:39.972  Usage error: RegisterActiveKeyframeSequence can only be used in Solo mode.  -  Edit
  03:13:39.972  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  03:13:39.972  Script 'cloud_716953901.RbxAnimations.RbxAnimations', Line 109 - function loadRig  -  Studio
  03:13:39.973  Script 'cloud_716953901.RbxAnimations.RbxAnimations', Line 251 - function recollectKeyframeNames  -  Studio
  03:13:39.973  Script 'cloud_716953901.RbxAnimations.RbxAnimations', Line 260 - function clearKeyframeNames  -  Studio
  03:13:39.973  Script 'cloud_716953901.RbxAnimations.RbxAnimations', Line 664  -  Studio

Solution:
The plugin doesn’t work in team-create. Move your model to a non-published studio version and download from there.

This is just wrong. I tested it right now and exported an r15 model, and it worked just fine. I get wanting to tell the creator about a bug, but please do not make assertions like that.

Found the solution! I was using team-create :confused:

Yeah the Plugin doesn’t Like team create so keep that in mind next time just copy the model u want to animate paste it over to a place where only you have access to and then do the stuff there.

1 Like

I seem to have an issue importing the animations back into roblox.
This is how it looks like in blender

And this is how it looks like when imported into roblox

Solution: Rebuild rig with the setting: “Nodes only” in blender

For me the animations are exporting and importing normally

Maybe make a new place w only the rig and try to reimport it or check if u made a mistake somewhere

It seems to do this unless you choose ‘Nodes only’ when rebuilding the mesh.
Wierd, but now it works anyways! :smiley:

i did not change the bones i kept the default ones and it worked fine for me prob its one issue on your end

Hello, can i have help with this?
i animated something and blender, exported with the same settings you provided, but when im importing to studio the parts became weirdly glitched.

Before
https://gyazo.com/c513496ce4c318a80bb35f1d907ce8b8
After
https://gyazo.com/039feb63af7ff827cf34b787ab0ef017

hope you can help me! thanks!

1 Like

You are using some special bones or smth?? Maybe that’s the issue that deforms your stuff

Try using only the default bones

I’ve got the solution, i used a plugin called Blender Animation, i used the roblox import fbx thats why the error occurs. Thanks!

Oh yeah don’t use Roblox import function its still terrible when importing fbx animations its just best too use the plugins fbx import tho it only works for the stuff you have exported with it

1 Like

I get this error when adding the addon to Blender (I tried all the version and it still doesn’t work)

1 Like

in blender things can be hidden and check the shortcuts but i believe it is “SHFT H” to unhide. otherwise check your settings on import / export they sometimes need tweaking in geometry

Nvm I saw a video and it had a download link for the addon file and it worked somehow.

is there an updated version for 2.93.1? i tried to import my animations but they dont load in

1 Like

Tryi changing the viewport type. White option (solid) click texture. If not then try to right (renered

That is not the problem. The problem is that the arms are shorter in blender and placed incorrectly.

When I move the bones, the mesh doesn’t move with it.
I’m using blender 2.83.
Any help?

1 Like

Whenever exporting a rig, no matter what rig it is even if its a default dummy, freezes studio and I have to shut it down and it doesn’t export the rig. I haven’t had this problem before and was wondering if anyone has a fix?