Blender rig exporter/animation importer

I am also having that problem. It started recently and never happened before, maybe it correlates to the new ROBLOX update?

I left my PC running for a while and it eventually exported, there was enough meta parts to lag my studio when it finished but clearing them fixed the lag. I haven’t tried exporting another rig since then so idk if the problem is fixed for me or not

I mean I do see a LOT more meta parts than usual. That might be the problem.

I cannot import the animation onto the rig in Blender, as on Line 632 the AO Transformation applier breaks. Here’s my rig and animation:
Walking.fbx (328.7 KB)
RobloxCharacter.obj (676.9 KB)

use an AnimationController instead of a Humanoid

Does anyone have an idea on this?
It prevents me from using this as the mesh inside blender doesn’t move…

It might be a blender-related issue?

I have same problem I’m 2.8, 2.83 & 2.93

They just came out with a mixamo plugin I wonder if it’s why. A substance one too

this plugin is completely broken right now. i cant export anything without it crashing studio. guess i have to go back to using moon animator :frowning:

2 Likes

update: ok this is pretty serious it froze my entire computer i had to restart it. bruh what is happening :confused:

2 Likes

I have the same problem as you currently, I’m looking for a solution but nothing has worked for me yet

1 Like

A space in the name of my character in Roblox Studio was what caused this issue. Make sure no warnings are shown.

Cc: @Tsegreti

1 Like

A small reminder in case crashes happen or bones don’t move

Make sure you don’t have any spaces or special characters like _.; etc
Make sure you don’t name the motor6ds the same name this will also cause issues
and also make sure you dont have any numbers in it. It does sometimes accept them but sometimes it does not

If these options do not work

Try rerigging the whole rig or check what certain body parts are named

If this still doesn’t work then repeat from step 0 or restart fully on your rig.

If the bones still don’t move in blender install a fresh copy of the plugin version you need for your blender version. If the download file didn’t work copy the code inside the Pastebin save it as rbxanims.py

If it still does not work install then a much older version of blender aka 2.80, 2.82 or 2.79

If it still does not work just watch the video tutorial that this post is providing

Other small note
the plugin does not like places that have teamcreate on so dont use it in shared areas

3 Likes

Quick question how do i save the addon as a .py file im not used to doing that only downloading addons from github so how do i do it?

just save the file with the .py extension or do save as all file types and then add the .py before the file name if slap it into a notepad file chabge the .txt to .py aka windows if u know what i mean

idk how it works for mac so eee

1 Like

I dont know what a .py extension is. Is it like a chrome extension? Also i dont know how to convert it from a .txt to a .py in note pad either.

Hey i’m having issues on this plugin
everytime i export a rig or any rig (like dummy, viewmodel, etc)
it crashes studio everytime it wasn’t like this before

I’m also having issues attempting to export, resulting in a crash. Specifically when the file name and location is chosen and attempted to save.

Bro

Just use Notepad to paste the code from the link in the notepad and then click save as and change the file extension to .py or else it wont work

and Py is Python this what blender plugins are mostly made of

1 Like

When I exported this rig,
The animator said that there is no bone is the model.
Could you please help?
TempArms.obj (1003.0 KB)

The arm mesh is a skinned mesh with bones
The viewmodel model has multiple unions that are connected by welds and motor6Ds