Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Are ya able to modify pre-existing animations and also export them to blender? or is that just not possible. I’m just tryna find methods on where I can translate R15 animations onto R6 and it would really help

If you find a way to export roblox animations into a fbx file then maybe yes. If not then idk

The file you provide cannot be imported to roblox and if imported to blender there are no bones

Try adding a BlockMesh Object to your arms, that should help.

The plugin keeps making studio not respond each time I export, it used to not do that.

Roblox studio usually freezes up for 3-7 minutes, then finally exports. Not sure what the issue is, since my model is from the rig builder. Exporting models as objs also seems to take slightly longer as well…

2 Likes

@1012zach
@antaramize

Try disabling beta features, that stopped the crashing for me

5 Likes

That worked for me too, neat.
Thanks for that.
It must be a beta feature that’s bugging it out, strange.

With the help of @alienwy,

The crashing bug has seemed to be formed by a beta feature.
After some experimenting, the one beta feature you need to disable is
"Cage Mesh Deformer"
I have no idea why this is happening, but it seemed it fix it.

Also for you new studio people, Beta Features are located under File.
File > Beta Features
You will need to restart after so make sure to save beforehand.

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue as well, thanks to @alienwy I can now continue my work. I’d also like to add something, while I was working on my laptop I saw on task manager that right as you click export rig the ram usage on roblox studio sky rockets resulting in the crash. I tried it on my pc too, it goes from using 900 MBs to 13 gigs maxing out the 16 gigs of ram. very weird bug

Thanks for the solution! Worked like a charm.

i would like to know why whenever i choose a rig from multiple rigs with the plugin all other rig start dancing? like rotating like this

because i believe it is actually breaking all of my other rigs, is there a way to disabled this?

2 Likes

I know this is pretty old but the add-on doesn’t show up for me?

Anyone having problems with the mesh not following the bones in pose mode? All I did was import a default R15 rig from roblox. And also there seems to be duplicate parts created from the imported obj in blender. In studio there were not any duplicates but when I import the model to blender there are multiple duplicates of the same part and every limb/part is named “Dummy(insert number here)”. Someone else try and see if this is happening to them. I don’t think im doing anything wrong here, double checked everything and followed the instructions carefully.

I dont know if this is intentonal but i found a bug that if you have a cube in the scene and you import a character it gets rid of the cube this can be any object even another character making it hard to import two characters and animate both of them.

You have to import it via the custom import setting

Make sure the studio rig exporter doesn’t show any warnings.
I had the same issue which was caused by a space in the model’s name.

Someone, please help me I’ve been at this for waaay too long but can’t seem to get it to work.
I export the rig from Roblox, no warnings there. Then I rebuild the rig in Blender

I export it and reimport it but somehow it turns out like this

I imported using the normal way because when I try to with the plugin it says Cannot map rig, the following bones are missing from the source rig: LowerTorso… etc
I’ve tried all the versions like 2.80, 2.82, 2.91 except 2.79. As wells as setting the keying “locrot”
I’m somewhat new to all of this so I’m sorry if I posted at the incorrect place or missed something obvious.
Main purpose: Importing animation from Mixamo

Having trouble exporting an R6 rig into blender 2.93,

throws this error - Screenshot by Lightshot

and is imported with inverted limbs, and when rebuilding the rig, the limbs are attached to the wrong bones, body part names switched up. Screenshot by Lightshot

Edit: When I added some additional motors to the rig in studio, to eventually weld weapons to, it corrected the issue.

1 Like

Hello, I have been trying to make this plugin/addon work for 2 days now and anything I try and do never works, it’s smooth from exporting and importing and making the animation, but when I import it to Roblox, nothing plays and no errors are given. If you’d like additional info, feel free to tell me in the replies, I have tried consulting youtube tutorials and nothing seemed to work