Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Yes, that was my problem. I didn’t noticed it. Thanks for your help!

By default, rigs won’t clone another one but this is giving me alot of headache

This hasn’t been fixed for 3 months since the release of Reverted version :woman_facepalming:
EDIT: Animating with tools will also make it fall but i’ve found a solutions if you guys are animating tools you should add another Welds but by default, Tools are welded to RightHand but it won’t hook after it’s cloned

this is the result of fixed welds

1 Like

How are you getting this issue even

are you sure you are using the plugin on a non shared place if you are then you will have issues

Would you be able to describe more in-depth how your getting this issue? E.g is the place your animating in, have team-create enabled, what ultimately are you trying to achieve?, If possible send a screen shot of the file tree of the rig, and if possible it would help majorly a short video of the issue occurring.

Uhh theres some errors.

make sure the location of the .py file is correct

when I export/import the rig becomes blocky and the animation doesn’t work

BRUHHHH IT DOESN’T WORKKKKKK

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Anyone been getting this error lately?

I’ve tried on other rigs, Then i tried older rigs ive exported on older version of plugin, The old rigs worked but this current version of plugin seems to have trouble exporting rigs

3 Likes

What is your issue even

you only complain it doesn’t work

but you never mentioned what your issue is

For the love of god @Den_S the plugin is broken since February and it doesn’t import accessories, textures and faces properly!

1 Like

yeah the plugin doesnt like it when you export custom textures out

you have to assign the textures manually on blender

1 Like

You can import accessories. Just drag the Handle part of the accessory inside the dummy and delete everything inside of the Handle part except the mesh. After that weld it to the head or whatever part you want to

But that doesn’t fix the texture issues chief. might as well using the community rigs than whatever this plugin has come to.

Just want to say that it was never importing textures the right way

1 Like

I’ve recently made a fork of the python script which changes the names of each bone from eg. “RightUpperArm” to “UpperArm.R” in blender and then reverses this when you’re exporting the animation so that it works upon importing to roblox.
The name change is necessary for using CTRL + SHIFT + V in blender (Paste Flipped)
If you’re alright with it I’ll post the fork here or wherever.

1 Like

So I have been trying to work with this plugin to make one animation for like 3 days. My final problem to finally start doing blender animations is to fix this.

https://gyazo.com/5fba1f87cc49088c4c8d63ad81b99379

The rig does not move after importing animation and cannot be edited using animation editor though I do see that the keyframes have location and rotation data in roblox.
This is not a shared place. I also tried in a shared place and didn’t work.

With this plugin you can not not use it in a shared space or you will have your issue that you have shared, though since like you mentioned the animation doesn’t import into studio properly, the problem is this error;
Because your models name has incorrect characters one of which is the space included in the name as you can see here;
Another reason you may not see the animation is possibly because of this script in your model;
Which speaking of scripts I don’t know if any others have this said this but I will say it now;
DO NOT ANIMATE IN A PLACE THAT IS EITHER SHARED OR HAS SCRIPTS INSIDE OF IT ANYWERE
As the above mentioned things love to break this plugin. And if fixing these things doesn’t fix your problem then I suggest re-exporting the rig to a new file, re-importing it into blender make a quick animation e.g. move an arm or hand or make the head do a 360 really fast just something that is very noticeable and export the animation data & re-import it into studio and see if it is fixed if not I am more then willing to help you attempt to continue to find a fix

2 Likes

Nope didn’t work. I did try exporting as fbx after that and it moved the rig but the movements were multiplied by 100 and the rotations were inversed
I also checked the tab that would give warnings but i got nothing.

Right now I have tried to create some kind of superhero idle pose on blender and exported into roblox ( this is a non-edited R15 roblox dummy and still same results.
(Edit 2: After some trial I figured out that if I import animation into roblox then open animation editor the dummy takes the initial pose of the animation but freezes. Keyframes have animation data as before)
(Edit 3: I found that the animation only copies the initial pose becuase i press A in pose mode the cntrl C then export animation. After trying without pressing cntrl C no message appears that animation was loaded. After some trial I have fixed the animation and THE RIG MOVES CORRECTLY IN ANIMATION EDITOR.)
Edit 4 (solution) : When I export the rig the parts than go into blender are named dummy(number) so I renamed every part BEFORE rebuilding the rig. After that I parented the face ( appears as a larger part than the head) to the head bone so that the face moves with the rig and I can see where the rig is looking. After I normally animate the rig I import into roblox like normal but no text for animation loaded appears and It seems like nothing happened. I upload to roblox and rename it to the animation I want it to be then open the animation editor on the same rig or a duplicate then I import from roblox. After this i can modify the animation to be looped. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem.

This took me about a week to fix and I don’t wish that for anyone. Ask me as a reply to this message if you have a similar problem.

3 Likes