[BLENDER] Transparent Textures

Tutorial [Beginner+]
Software used: Blender 2.81 (should apply to anything 2.8+)

Render Engine: Cycles

This tutorial will look at reasons on the transparent textures that have been occurring to people lately. We will be looking at possible ways to solve this. I just hope this helps someone as much as it did me.

When switching to transparent in your tab some people are experiencing the issue of textures becoming transparent. There are several ways to fix these one that I have found is below:

Fix. No.1
You may be able to see that your texture has become transparent.
Example:

This was an early project of mine in the making, if you take a look at the trees they have become transparent after enabling this feature. To fix this we need to go to “Shading” in our top menu. With the part selected we are able to view the nodes on the bottom. If you can’t find them zoom out in that window.

To fix this we can actually see that the image texture is plugged into the Alpha channel. The Alpha uses transparency to be simple. Using this information I then used the same texture, but reapplied it into the “Base Color” an image can be found below on the changes made.

FIXED NODES

nodes(fixed)

End Result
endgam

Fix No.2
Some have reported their character to be transparent. A simple and quick fix for this is to re-apply the same texture on a new material to the same person/model. Credit to PicklePie
Just a short and descriptive video on this can be found here:

I’ve found another one of these with a HDRI and the whole character and scene is becoming transparent with the background but we unfortunately had to restart that.

If anyone is having any issues and these do not apply please try and get back to me, I would love to learn as much as I can about this and inform other users on how to challenge this.

I can be contacted on discord at lux#4492

12 Likes

I’m pretty new to Blender so the more I know the better! :smiley: Thanks!

5 Likes

This is just a recurring issue I’ve found. Hope it helps anyone. I will add to it as people face it. It’s not a hard fix either, always a good thing.

1 Like