[Blender] Why is my model transparent when rendered?

You can select the model with the texture. Go into the “Shading Tab” and delete the texture, that is plugged into the Alpha channel.

12 Likes

Adding onto this, I usually add another texture and add it on (if you have an image of it which should be exported from RBLX studio). After that, it should pop up perfectly fine.

1 Like

How do I add texture though? Sorry, I’m really new to blender.

1 Like

To further explain this answer, select the model that’s rendering transparent and go to its material properties under said Shading Tab on the right. Scroll down to the Alpha settings under “Surface” (make sure “Use Nodes” is selected).

It’ll look like this:

Click it and press “Remove” in the top right corner of the drop down that pops up. This removes the Alpha channel that Roblox character textures like to automatically use in Blender 2.8 which causes this unwanted transparency.

Edit: I noticed this thread is relatively active, so I’ll add a little more.
-If for some reason only part of the hat fixes, it’s because the hat is a joined mesh with multiple materials.
-You’ll need to select the hat, go to the Material Properties in the panel on the right, scroll up to the materials, and select each one then repeat the process above for each material.

19 Likes

Hey! I’m having the same problem. But your fix doesn’t work for me? Any other recommendations?

2 Likes

If it’s fully not rendering, then you might have disabled it in rendered view in the outliner in the top right corner somehow. Depending on what version of blender you use, it can show whether or not it’s disabled via a camera symbol being faded out.

If this doesn’t seem to be your issue, feel free to DM me and I can help you! @Sky#2000

2 Likes

This just deletes the texture for me. Hopefully you guys can find a solution although!

1 Like

If you have only one texture node you can just unplug the texture from the alpha channel.

3 Likes

Alrighty, I’ll try that and see how it goes

2 Likes

That actually worked! Thanks for the help.

Probably should mark their post as a solution

3 Likes

It’s an issue with Cycles render, I faced it before.

Switch to Eevee render and you should be alright, however if you stick with Cycles rendering, you’d need to re-apply the texture manually.

5 Likes

i had a similar problem to this the only difference being that the problem was with the evee engine which was very significant because it is the engine that provides fast and good looking images, cycles looks better of course but it takes a lot of time just to render a 1 second animation compared to evee

Now the solution in my case wasnt removing the alpha, as this didnt work and lowering it all to 0 just made the model literally invisible, to solve this problem simply go material properties of your texture and scroll down to the settings tab, then change the blend mode to anything but alpha blend, as alpha blend is what causes that unwanted transparency.

solution

4 Likes

I used to suffer this problem too, glad someone else has been relieved of it

4 Likes

I have the same problem but with all my avatar. What need to do? :neutral_face:

So, my model in blender initially in the normal editing mode looks perfect, it had the beret and the mask, but when it gets rendered, it goes transparent. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What need to do with that?

1 Like

I have the same problem but with all my avatar. What need to do? :neutral_face:

So, my model in blender initially in the normal editing mode looks perfect, it had the beret and the mask, but when it gets rendered, it goes transparent. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What need to do with that?

2 Likes

Have a look at this, it should help you

3 Likes

Here’s a detailed solution

1 Like

Found another solution on the transparent/fading effect. Just unplug/delete the alpha that is in the screen below. Make sure you select the shader editor mode to object instead of world btw.

1 Like

This fixed my issue so i hope it will help other people too!