Blockchain and Cryptocurrency on Roblox

Hello, I am moxiproxi . I joined Roblox to test it as a development platform. My main interest was not in developing games for it (though I will :wink: I promise, I have a few cool ideas), but using its technical abilities for a popular trend, cryptocurrencies. I found that it was still a vacant niche!

:roblox: Cryptocurrency on Roblox :roblox:
(:roblox: Blockchain for kids and adults who are not good at computers :roblox:)

The underlying technology for any cryptocurrency is blockchain, so I tried Roblox to build one. What for? Who would use it?

Well, ask yourself, if you know what blockchain is. If you know, then will you be able to explain to a kid how it works and what cryptocurrency is. Do you understand all sorts of Proof-of-Work/Stack/Burn/Activity/etc…? Some of you might know that mining is a process of getting cryptocoins, but not many people understand what is going on.

So, here is the idea: gather together Roblox players (who by a report are teenagers) and enthusiastic adults who would mine some cryptocoins right on Roblox :roblox: Also they will learn about the technology in a quest-like manner (this bit is not ready yet, BTW).

Here we go! The core of the system is ready (just a few features are still missing). I would like to invite players (better to say “Roblox users”) to donate their machine time to build up a blockchain and earn some cryptocurrency.

:roblox: What is cryptocurrency :roblox:

It is the way any open blockchain platform works: users’ devices solve mathematical problems to approve blocks of information that will join blockchain; this process is called “mining”. If a user finds a block, there will be a reward, a cryptocoin. Cryptocurrency is not in-game points, which could be added just by changing a digit in a database/datastores, but these are points that can be only obtained as payment for solving maths. When the blockchain starts growing, nor its creator, nor guys from Roblox are able to add information to blockchain unless blocks are mined.

I am sure all of us are able to leave our devices quite often unattended. (Remember 20 minutes inactivity time, it is up to you how to keep your device active…)

:roblox: Rox Project :roblox:

I gave coins a name “Rox”, which is a shortening of “Roblox”. To my research, Rox is the first ever blockchain on Roblox. A lot of work was done to create the system, there’s a lot to do, though.

:roblox: More than gaming for gamers and … :rofl: more development for developers :roblox:

Here we go, the system is ready for mining. At this stage, a player is able to get in, create a wallet address and start mining. Yes! It is real mining of cryptocurrency with building real blockchain on Roblox! Wow, Roblox is more than gaming platform!

Rox Project has its official Telegram bot via which users will be able to create additional wallets, send coins to other users, check balance, etc. (Search on Telegram: Rox_Project_Bot) Now the bot is used to get personal notifications (a block was found, for example.). Also all blocks will be posted to a Telegram channel and Rox Project web-site, where users will be able to get some info on it. There will be a faucet, blockchain-explorer and trading room will be there, too.

There are many ideas and questions still. What if players will start buying and selling Rox for real money? Will it be legal? Will it be legal if Rox would be traded for Robux?

BTW, Do Robux have to become crypto-currency? I hope, it will never happen! Though, I dream that, one day other game developers will start selling their in-game staff for Rox, too: there will be an API for that. Trading room is still under development. Oh, so many things are planned. If there will be miners and users will like my project, then it will encourage me to continue to develop Rox Project. I also have to write some sort of White Paper for the project…

If you are interested in the project, let me know. If you have a web-site, let’s think how Rox faucet could be integrated there. I still think how game-developers can use their games to be part of the Network, inter-game communications will make Rox Project more independent from its creators.

:roblox: A few screenshots :roblox:

This is how a real program for mining Monero looks like. It is jolly because of DOS-pallet colours. A mining program on Roblox looks differently:

Have you seen “The Matrix”? I guess you see the resemblance. Players who are in the chairs are connected to the Network and actually are mining. Blue bulbs mean that a player is receiving data from the Network.

The idea with bulbs came when I saw an undercover parking where green bulbs indicate vacant places.

Here are more screenshots to give you an idea of what Rox Project is.

User Console probably is better to be renamed to “New User Console”, because only new users will use it. Experienced users are likely to use our Telegram bot. I might rename it again :smile: or remove its functions from 3D-world to GUI. We’ll see how it goes.

:roblox: It needs two to tango… and to mine :roblox:
The system is designed the way that one user cannot mine anything until another player joins the mining facility. I wish I could set a limit to at least 10 users. So, if you visit the mining facility being alone, do not think that the application does not work…

:roblox: Plans (summary) :roblox:

1. Web-site with inter-game API so that other Roblox game developers and web-stite owners could use Rox as additional currency, set up their own mining pools, etc.
  2. White Paper that explains how Rox Project works.
  3. Official chat/group on Roblox/Facebook/Twitter/etc.
  4. Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - just starting… (I deserve to have a few $$ to pay for hosting at least)
  5. Smart-contracts. (I am not too sure what they do, but… WHY NOT?!)
  6. Educational articles and some promo on the Internet and Roblox gamers community.
  7. Representation of the project: logo, project icons, design of publication.
  8. Some publicity through news sites, top bloggers media, offline media.
  9. Report on Roblox conference about the project… in 2020?
  10. Type-in good description of the “game”, unfortunately, I cannot save a new one, for some reason I receive “not moderated” message. Are there any stop words?
  11. Blockchain school - a game place mentioned above.
  12. Rox Project forks: blockchain system based on different standards of data distribution, DataStoreLess version. The current one will become “Rox Project Classic”. BTW in Classical version all the miners are equal, more powerful devices have no advantage over slow ones, so one of the forks will be different in this matter. (Technical details will be explained later in White Paper document)
  13. Design of the game universe is very simple (it should not be too complicated). I believe the current one has got a character, but it still can be improved.
  14. I got no idea how multiple servers will work together… I did a few tests and some practical points really do work, but a few situations are still hypothetical and cannot be reproduces using Roblox Studio… When the game will use more than one server, we’ll see how it goes…

All that statements are followed by lots of “etcs” and “ifs” … I am sure there are probably, more plans, but I do not really remember them all :slightly_smiling_face:
Anyway, I believe that the project has a great potential and would like to develop it further!
Welcome to pre-mining stage!

P.S. Read in-game FAQ, ask questions…
P.P.S. Wish me good luck :100:

18 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.