BlockLua - Makes Scripting easier. Full review and reasons why you should try

Disclaimer = This is not a sponsor or any sort of promotion towards the product, this was reviewed with honesty, and there is no connection between me and the seller.
P1

Scripting is hard. What is a way to make it easier, and so much more beginner friendly?

That quote right there above has to be the most wondered question from Roblox Developing beginners.

Scripting isn’t easy at all. There really isn’t a way that beginners can instantly learn Lua. It’s a whole new language, just more complex with all these terms and phrases. People even hire programmers for insane amounts of cash. If you have browsed the internet for a while now, you may have seen various coding programs that use simple blocks that contribute to the output (E.g Microsoft MakeCode.) This is easier, and more beginner friendly for all. Roblox is always happy that people are trying to develop, but scripting just knocks a lot of it down and ruins millions of projects people are dedicated to.

What is BlockLua?

In December of 2022, Developer @Xsticcy began a plan. An organized plugin that would turn complex code into simple blocks. There would be a simple workspace to drag all your code into. And then you just run the game and it works. Good plan right? It is, accept its got a few pros and cons.

Why should we try this and not other plugins?

There is no limitation from you purchasing any other sort of plugin. However, if you are looking at having some sort of way to speed things up, while creating a basic script, this plugin is advised for you. @Xsticcy claims that this is a better option compared to his old version (EventBlocks)

What is the price?

The current full version is available on Studio Marketplace for a total price of 120R$
BlockLua Preview Price

This price may vary.

Recommended for beginners?

Even though it is aimed towards beginners, it still has some difficulty. It is hard to understand some of the features, and some of the blocks require some heavy knowledge. There still might be some difficult forms of words. It is advised that you seek help and gain a good understanding of some of these features before use.

Recommended for pros?

I would not say that this isn’t for people who are familiar with modern Lua scripting.
But, it is advised that if you are more familiar with normal scripting, you should just stick to that.
It has more opportunities to make your game better if you just type it yourself with your own knowledge.

Any command you put in, it changes it into an actual script?

Yes, Here is an example

Code In blocks

Converted BlockLua code

Does this include EVERY single feature that is possible?

Unfortunately, no. There is not certain features that could be achieved in BlockLua. This plugin contains sections of blocks, each section focuses around a type of code. However, this plugin contains a lot of blocks full of code.

Pros

Below is the list of pros

1. Easy to install and begin using
  2. Basic and fast design
  3. Fast converter
  4. Low and affordable pricing
  5. Easy to Learn

One of the major pros is how organized and useful BlockLua is. It makes the everyday script triple as fast. In my opinion, It is better than Roblox’s brand new AI script assist.

Cons

*Below is the list of cons

1. Few sources of information that contain tutorials
  2. Bugs and issues that prevent proper use
  3. Difficult for new beginners to understand
  4. Lacking features
  5. UI screen fitting issues (Rare)

@Xsticcy BlockLua Devlogs

Devlog 1. Click here to view xsticcy’s first devlog about BlockLua
Devlog 2. Click here to view xsticcy’s second devlog about BlockLua
Devlog 3. Click here to view Xsticcy’s third devlog about BlockLua
Devlog 4. Click here to view Xsticcy’s fourth devlog about BlockLua

Final Rating

After a while of research and typing about this review, I have made a conclusion of which I want to rate this plugin.

Below is the rating, click to uncover

My final decision was to give this a 7.5/10

Did this review help you?

• This review helped me learn a lot about the product
  • I learned a little bit from this review
  • This review did not help, improvements should be made

0 voters

So, this is also my first Topic, and I got some comments that I keep putting it in the wrong category, if you were making this, where would you put it?

Credits to @Xsticcy for this plugin. This is just a review, not a promotion. Buy BlockLua today. Buy here

5 Likes

Honestly, I dont really understand how it would make your scripting “3x as fast”.
This plugin might be great for newbies in scripting to understand the logic of Luau, however learning syntax isn’t that hard and makes scripting way more efficient. Please think about changing your title though.

2 Likes

my bad, I changed the title, refresh

I think this would make scripting take longer, in my opinion.

This is a great product for beginners. People who struggle to remember services and how to type code will find this plugin extremely useful. So really, kudos to making a very helpful resource. I don’t want you to think this won’t be helpful to anyone, but I also don’t believe that this will make scripting “3x faster.”

Dragging blocks of code from the side of the screen is way more time consuming than typing code, and anyone who can type over 50 WPM will see significant speed improvements over block coding.

Other than that, I think you made a great resource. Cheers :+1:

Edit: Just saw you changed title, lol

Great for starters! I have a friend that personally isn’t too good with the syntax of lua and having this would definitely help improve both his efficiency and overall understanding of lua.

Overall an awesome product :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for writing this review! I really appreciate it.

Could you maybe go explain this part? :sweat_smile:
Have you experienced any bugs that prevented you from using the plugin properly?

Again, I’m glad you have made this review. I’m happy to see how everyone has their own opinion and thoughts about my plugin!

Have a great day!

Edit: Could you please include a link to BlockLua, so people can check out the official post of the plugin?

1 Like

Hey! So the bug part is rare, but i’ve noticed when i use it on some devices to help me make my script the gui freezes, and even when i open it back up a few times, it still freezes, meanwhile my studio is working just fine. The only way i get it to start working again is to restart studio… but again this is rare.

Also, there is a link at the bottom.

1 Like

you are not allowed to post a resource made by another user in #resources:community-resources