Block Run [ALPHA] - feedback on my first game

After over 1 year of on and off scripting/building/designing my game from scratch, I have finally finished my first real game. It’s a parkour run game where you dodge obstacles and perform parkour flips/vaults, use skills you can get from drops or cases. The game is easy to learn but hard to master. It can be played with 12 players, and the goal is to get the highest score which equates to the longest distance ran, which gets progressively faster and harder along with the obstacles. There are 2 seasonal (1 month) leaderboards for (wins and highscore) which give a unique reward along with gems/coins.

There’s currently only 1 map which is based on ancient Egypt, but I’m planning to further improve the map, add mobs (already have 1 rigged), add more maps along with more skill drops and cosmetic items in general.

It’s currently in alpha release and there’s still a lot to add in the future. I’m looking for players to test the game to see if it’s going towards the right direction to see what’s missing, and to see what more can be added. Players will be given a limited badge which gives a big in-game robux reward, even if a data wipe might happen in the future. The game can also be played from phone with no issues. Simply join the game to get this badge and receive the rewards in your gifts inbox!

I’d like to hear your feedback on the game. Thank you for your time!

7 Likes

Just tried out the game, it’s pretty well done and I even got first place!

But one thing that I find weird is that it looks like the map and also the character are unfinished unless thats the style you’re going for but it’s still a good game though, love the 2D camera angle while playing

4 Likes

Thank you! The map will need some improvements but the character can be further customized from the menu

3 Likes

Super awesome and is really polished, especially considering it’s only in alpha! Played for a few minutes and had some fun (i’m really bad). Maybe add a singleplayer mode with no downtime in between runs? Overall, great game so far!

2 Likes

I see you like to use brush strokes and stuff for your user interface, this website should contain a load of helpful vectors you could incorporate into your ui if you’d like to expand it.

Make sure to look around the site as they have a lot of vectors similar to the ones you’re looking at in the link I provided.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

When you play solo the countdown time used to be 3s, but I was testing something so I set it to 10s and forgot to change it back. It has been fixed

1 Like

Underrated game asf.

Thank you for making a map of my country :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! Anything I can do to improve?

The gameplay is quite satisfying but I did encounter a lot of problems with the content loading in quite late.

Oof, I didn’t know that rule, thanks for finding. I guess I’ll change the name to Block Run.

With content loading in late, do you mean the images showing up late?