Bloxstrap - An open-source, feature-packed alternative bootstrapper for Roblox

been using this for a week and wanna say it works great!! ui looks awesome and its really well-built, might wanna add an option to uninstall reshade though.

7 Likes

Just disable the ReShade option in the menu.

5 Likes

I’ve personally been experiencing issues with the toggle not actually disabling ReShade, just removing the preset files.

I’ve been meaning to open a GitHub issue but I don’t have access to a computer at the moment since my laptop’s battery has expanded and I’m awaiting a replacement.

I don’t know how urgent of a fix this needs to be (if you can manage to replicate it, all the problem seems to be is that toggling off ReShade only removes the presets but not the injection) since there’s no obvious performance degredation with zero shaders enabled.

6 Likes

Oh, that’s weird. If you ever encounter this again (while it still exists), can you check if dxgi.dll still exists in the Mods folder?

4 Likes

I can’t verify this right now (as aforementioned) and I haven’t tried with 2.2.0, so whether you’ve made any changes to how ReShade is managed that would’ve fixed the issue for me is currently unknown. I’ll have to remember to get back to you on this one if it’s still a problem, and if it is, it’ll probably be via a GitHub issue.

I don’t know when I’ll be able to get my laptop repaired (combination of a public holiday & people taking a day off to make it a long weekend, and the required part(s) from what I can see on the OEM website being on backorder), so I don’t know when I can attempt to replicate the issue on the latest version.

4 Likes

Is this safe to use with the new Byfron stuff coming out?

4 Likes

Yes, for the most part this serves as nothing more than a launcher. The only exception to this is ReShade, but I’ve disabled the use of that for the Byfron update.

7 Likes

Firstly, I’m glad I see skepticism in downloading files on the internet, especially with things that is a Roblox bootstrapper for joining games.

Secondly, and primarily, It’s on GitHub, you can go through the code and re-build it yourself. You can download the files from Git(Hub). You can search how to rebuild the binary, as I frankly don’t know how to do it.

Git cloning

git clone https://github.com/pizzaboxer/bloxstrap.git

6 Likes

I can’t seem to change my renderer to Vulkan. Is there an issue?

4 Likes

I do love this as it has the FPS unlocker that Roblox broke with the x64 release, is there a possibility in the future it’d work for studio as well or just client?

2 Likes

Bloxstrap is designed for the Roblox Player, not Studio. The FPS Unlocker (by axstin) was removed on the latest release and replaced with a simpler solution which does not rely on client injection (correct me if I’m wrong).

1 Like

Yeah, I accidentally made that bug out with the latest update. Whoops. It’ll be fixed by the next version though, sorry lol

4 Likes

You can do the same thing with Roblox Studio Mod Manager, by setting the DFIntTaskSchedulerTargetFps flag

2 Likes

Been using this tool for the past three days. Love it. Nice work, @xtremeguy2256!

1 Like

I’m going to be completely honest, when I first saw this, I thought it was going to be a barebones, poorly designed bootstrapper that just runs in the background with nothing interesting in it. Obviously, I was wrong and I love this tool a lot.

This provides features that used to require a lot of tinkering with the Roblox files and downloading 50 different applications into one single app that lets you do it with a click of a button.

One of my favorite features that Bloxstrap provides is the heavy customization. You can change the menu versions of the Roblox client simply by selecting it. I personally love version 3, as it provides a consistent design with the rest of the platform.

“Fourth-party” mods are also easy to add to Bloxstrap, and there is documentation regarding those. Speaking of which, the documentation is incredibly well-made.

This is truly an incredible product, especially since 79% (as of writing this) of the commits on GitHub were made by @xtremeguy2256. As such, I give Bloxstrap a 11/10. The greatest bootstrapper I’ve ever seen.

Images

Dedicated App :O

4 Likes

im already looking through the claimed source but, (as many things do), does this contain any telemetry?

Nope. Just search for http or https in the source code, it only makes requests that are necessary.

4 Likes

@xtremeguy2256 10/10 (some words)

4 Likes

When’s the next version coming it and what may it bring?

3 Likes

Can’t say for certain when it’s coming since I’m kind of tied up in school work right now, and some features are gonna take a while to implement, but check out the 2.3.0 checklist.

3 Likes