Bloxstrap - An open-source, feature-packed alternative bootstrapper for Roblox

Since you intergrated ReShade, do you think you can also integrate this?

3 Likes

Nope. I deliberated over this for a while, but I eventually decided not to. I don’t believe having support for this is a good idea. Besides not me entirely agreeing with the project and its maintainers, in practice it appears to be unstable or often result in unexpected behaviour. Though, people can choose to import RCO’s flag list into Bloxstrap by copying over ClientAppSettings.json.

How would I do this? I can’t find this file in bloxstrap, but I can find it in RCO. I haven’t actually downloaded bloxstrap yet, so I don’t know if it’s built into the app. If so, where is that setting?

1 Like

Install it first, then open the menu. Open the mods folder, and it should be in the ClientSettings folder.

This is very well made, amazing job! I did also find that you can change the client settings stuff. (surprise: RCO did not help at all (It Doesn’t Work On My Machine™))

I did not install this immediately. Honestly, I was seeing if anybody would call it out for being a virus. Luckly, it didn’t happen. It also had a home-made feeling because I saw it be created on the devforum before my eyes. Clearly, it is not!

Here’s some things I found though:

1. ReShade sometimes doesn’t load (could be because of #2)
  2. Setting the current build is hard, it feels as if it keeps changing (especially when trying to turn on ReShade)
  3. FPS does not unlock in studio (I can still use fps unlocker)

But other than that, every feature works fine!

2 Likes

It would be cool if we could get a bootstrapper for studio too :sunglasses:.

Also: how do I view the server stats notification? I can’t seem to find it even though I have it enabled.

It should pop up as a normal Windows notification. You won’t see it if you have Roblox running in full screen.

If you have ReShade enabled, it auto switches you to LIVE if you’re on ZIntegration. Not that it really matters now since Roblox just rolled out Hyperion to LIVE.

The zlive channel is still 32-bit; manually inputting it into Bloxstrap and launching with the reshade integration works, whereas live does not.

At this point, I’m removing ReShade since it’s all going to be over by the time Roblox 575 comes out in about like a week. It’s not worth trying to prolong its life anymore given how volatile it is, as well as how close it is to finally being dead.

I tried it for a while but then uninstalled it i thought it would have some mod thing that would boost for performence but it just made my game have more lag then it did before so i had to uninstall but but overall great!

The 64-bit client released today and nothing works anymore. I suppose your fixing this next? No pressure of course, but I just really like bloxstrap.

Works fine for me, did you update your bloxstrap version as I believe he already rolled out an update for x64

Release Bloxstrap v2.3.0 · pizzaboxer/bloxstrap (github.com)

1 Like

Oh thanks! Didn’t realize he did that.

What version was this on? Just want to know so I can make sure it wasn’t related to ReShade.

I know this was 6 hours ago but by then you should’ve automatically updated to v2.3.0. What problem were you running into?

I’ve been using this for a while and I do really like the features.
One thing though: I have rbxfpsunlocker downloaded already and I want it to start it from a specified path instead of running it from Bloxstrap (for the settings file). Is there any way I could do that?

See the Custom Integrations feature. Keep in mind you’ll have to set the framerate limit to 0 in the FastFlags tab for rbxfpsunlocker to take over.

It just didn’t update and went back to to the it client. I downloaded the new one and am having a blast using future lighting in every game.

2 Likes

This is awesome, I really like how you incorperated fluent, and all the tweaking options are amazing!

1 Like