Bloxstrap - An open-source, feature-packed alternative bootstrapper for Roblox

Bloxstrap

An open-source, feature-packed alternative bootstrapper for Roblox.

This is a drop-in replacement for the stock Roblox bootstrapper that I’ve been working on for the past few months. It works more or less how you’d expect it to, while providing additional useful features. You can think of this kind of like Roblox Studio Mod Manager, but on steroids and for Roblox Player instead of Studio.

Some of the features it provides:

For some of these features (such as Discord Rich Presence and server stats), it works by silently running in the background while Roblox is running, and doing anything it needs to do (watching game activity, etc).

See the GitHub repository, or download the latest release.

Any feedback here is welcome! Do not ask for support here, please ask on either GitHub or Discord.

Screenshots

Configuration Menu

FastFlag editor

Bootstrapper (Bloxstrap Fluent style)

Bootstrapper (Roblox Progress style)

Discord Rich Presence

213 Likes

Just wan to say something, you can’t use Blox, Roblox or things similar in what you frate, it’s against the ToS

16 Likes

Are you talking about the Roblox branding usage guidelines? It’s kind of difficult to name a Roblox-specific project without mentioning the word “Roblox” or something like that. Also, every other project like this does that.

19 Likes

Yeah I know, it’s from June if I’m not wrong taht thsi is in place, well…

11 Likes

How can I be sure I can trust this?

17 Likes

It’s OSS, you can visit the GitHub link and browse the code there.

You can also use a tool like git to clone the source and view it on your computer (when cloning code via git it does NOT run it).

If you don’t trust their prebuilt binaries, again, follow the build instructions (not that I’m seeing any, but an IDE like Visual Studio or Rider will do it for you) to build it from source yourself.

26 Likes

It’s open source, but I also got the OK from avast for further peace of mind!

I do have a small question though. Are any of the mods gameplay affecting enough to be considered exploits? Or is it just things like shaders?

Just opened up the module, and it seems cool! Not sure if I’ll be using it, but certainly interesting stuff :+1:

15 Likes

Building is stupid simple, just open the solution in Visual Studio and publish the project to a folder. Here’s a guide if you need it.

15 Likes

Looking through the Roblox ToS, it seems to only state that these naming rules are in place for Roblox experiences, and don’t apply to projects created off-platform.

v. Roblox Trademarks. Without limitation to the Roblox TM Guidelines, the name “Roblox” and any name similar to Roblox (to be determined in Roblox’s sole discretion) including, without limitation “Blox” are no longer permitted to be used in the titles of any Experiences.

23 Likes

Oh, okay, then @xtremeguy2256 is fine

8 Likes

Just a thought, but maybe you could create a tutorial in #resources:community-tutorials on how to make an application like this? I mean, an application that looks just like the windows settings UI. I can’t figure out the code myself, there’s no way I could tell how any one line works (apart from the imports).

It’s a lot of work, but imagine how many people would be enabled to make something great like Bloxstrap! Pretty sure nobody did that yet. I know I’d definitely benefit from it, since I’d love to continue learning C#. Unity was, too complicated.

Or maybe a tutorial on how to use Github. I’m dying over here. I don’t know how to use Github, but everybody else does. (sob)

9 Likes

I use WPF for the user interface framework, and WPF UI for the Fluent look. There’s many resources online for learning WPF (Microsoft developer docs, tutorial websites, etc), though for WPF UI I heavily relied on the demo applications provided as the documentation isn’t great.

As for using GitHub, I can definitely relate back to when I first started actually using it back in 2020. It’s just the more you use it, the more you become accustomed to it and learn how to do things (becoming familiar with git, using actions, etc). I’m sure there’s many helpful resources and guides for using GitHub available online. GitHub has their own guide, if you haven’t read that yet.

7 Likes

Well, thanks for linking these! It seems incredibly complicated, but still somewhat learnable (unlike Github…), so maybe I’ll try it out. I don’t plan on making something, but it would be good great to learn.

6 Likes

If I’m not wrong this only applies to Roblox games, you’re fine.

6 Likes

It appears this is using a version of ReShade with full add-on support. As the site states,
you might want to preinstall a different version of ReShade if Roblox disallows this.

5 Likes

ReShade with addon support isn’t a problem for Roblox. It’s necessary for all the shader effects to work, and it’s safe to say Roblox is aware of this as their official social media team uses ReShade. Besides, lots of people have been using it for years and nobody’s been banned over it.

5 Likes

How do I use reshade? I enabled it but tried using Shift + Tab, but it does not open the menu.

4 Likes

Did you enable it in the Bloxstrap menu? You also need to remember to hit the “Save” button in the bottom-right of the window once you’re finished with tweaking settings.

4 Likes

I also checked the files to make sure it was there, and when I launched Bloxstrap it took a couple minutes to download the files and then launched.

3 Likes

Likely related to x64/Byfron being rolled out. I just released v2.2.0 to help solve this, let me know if it’s still happening.

5 Likes