Bloxy Kart: Build Mode - Tech Demo

Thanks for testing

Thanks for testing Bloxy Kart’s Build Mode engine. This will release to the public version of Bloxy Kart on July 4, 2022 at 12:00 PM MST after the live event. We hope to see you there.
Bloxy Kart 🏫 - Roblox

Greetings! I have spent the last couple of weeks working on something revolutionary to the Bloxy Kart Community.

If you currently play MarioKart Wii, you may know that there are some things called Custom Tracks.

Basically, people mod their Wiis and add some tracks into their copy of Mariokart.

Well what if people didn’t need to mod their Wiis? What if you don’t need any technical experience (besides turning on a computer) to make their own track in a popular racing game? What if you could play it online with friends? That is what Bloxy Kart: Build Mode is for.

Test here

Basically, people are able to create maps. Infinite amount of maps.

And people are also able to name it whatever they want and select a template.

But hey, what if I wanted to create my own path?

We will get to that later.

After creating a new map, you have 5 buttons on the sidebar:

Objects

With Objects, you are able to place any asset from any map into your plot.

Please note: Not all assets are in Build Mode quite yet. We will be adding it towards the end of the final release of Bloxy Kart v4.0

They will be categorized, and you are also able to place item boxes onto your track.

These items will be put into better categories later on, they are just all imported from an old Bloxy Kart Build Mode test place back when we first started trying to create it.

With the power of @zblox164’s Placement Service, you get a result of:

Advanced

What if you are a builder yourself, and you really want to create a map and show your friends (Or just a random stranger?)

That is what the Advanced button is for:

You have a modded F3X, where you can place parts, and resize them, and do anything.

And if you remember the templates thing? Bloxy Kart’s race game is super smart. You can build off the map, as long as you do not go below the Baseplate, and go back to the finish line. The game is super smart at registering where the finish line is, and if you can complete a lap or not.

That is why the finish line is highlighted in red:

Customize

With this button, you get a menu that looks like this:

With this, you are able to customize the track color, track material, baseplate color, baseplate material, and how many laps your track has.

The Color Picker was programmed with Object Oriented Programming that fires a RemoteEvent to the server to change the color.

You can choose one of the preset colors that I stole from macOS’s color picker, or you can input a RGB value.

I call my ColorPicker, ColorService.

Now my material picker is based off of ColorService, (Called MaterialService), and it does the same thing, but with Materials:

MaterialService uses the Enum.Material API, so you will get the new material right away whenever Roblox adds one.

Laps is self explanatory, so I won’t talk about it.

Delete

Did you make a mistake on one of your builds? That is what the delete tool is for.

Press the Delete button, go up to an object, and hold E to delete it.

When you are done deleting an object, press the Delete button again.

Race

Did you make a really great map?

Press the Race button when you are ready.

but wait? How do I save?

Good question.

Build Mode uses autosaving technology, and when you are ready to race, it will already have your map saved.

Whenever you place an item, it calls the Server to save.
Whenever you add a part using Advanced, it saves.
Whenever you customize a part using Advanced, saves.

This save technology is super smart, and I have been unable to find flaws with it.

Anyways, back to racing.

When you load into the Race map, it loads the map and intelligently configures it to work with Bloxy Kart v4.0 Race engine:

And yes, you cannot cheat. The game knows when you are trying to cheat and puts you back on the track if you try to go through like this:

Anyways, that is Bloxy Kart Build Mode!

If you would like to test, please provide feedback

Thanks!
Willi, CEO of Cried

Test here

Also let me know if you have any questions with the system!

22 Likes

this is E P I C. Just 2 things make the delete thing more better (ui) and possibly add free cam and Team Create

4 Likes

Free cam is a great idea, however Camera is really buggy for me and never works. Is there maybe a tutorial or DevForum post explaining how to add free cam?

Team create is also a great idea. I just need to figure out PrivateServerID’s, and figure out how to add those to DataStores. Never done something like that, but I think I may be able to pull it off soon.

Yeah, I am planning on making better UI soon. The UI used to look sooo good until the DevForum community said that it is bad because it is inspired by macOS.

2 Likes

The feature is cool, but I’m sure you planned on remaking the UIs soon.

1 Like

Dude, what a great idea! It looks great and functional as well! Good job!

1 Like

No not the icon the proximity prompt. About the free cam when you playtest in studio try pressing shift + p and Free Cam will start. That script is found in Player Instance.most games delete it but its a great way to learn about camera. But its kinda too hard so adding support for free cam on mobile would be more than enough (you could copy tht script and change input state to your desire)

1 Like

All you need is better UI and custom built assets instead of free models. It would also be nice if you allowed users to create scripts.

Are these going to be available just for the player and maybe a couple of friends, or for the public? As if they could make anything and release it to the public, I am sure it would need some sort of moderation to make sure it’s not like a bunch of male private parts spammed over the entire map.

1 Like

yea, i agree it should go through some form of moderation, or maybe have a report system.

2 Likes

Thanks for telling me how I can fork freecam.

These were imported from the first version of build mode. Using assets from the maps is currently planned.

Planning on adding some sort of discovery inside of the lobby.

Yeah I agree with this. There is currently no set release date for v4.0, and it might take another 2 years if needed, but I will totally figure out how to moderate everything.

The problem with this is that I do not want to hire moderators at the moment. I may have to, but we will see.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone. I am looking forward to expanding Build Mode even further.

THIS. IS. AMAZING!!! This is one of the best build modes I’ve seen ever and I can’t wait to try it out! I know I’m supposed to have tested it before, but I forgot. Sorry.

This part made me laugh. That’s legal, right?

1 Like

Yeah dont worry lol. Apple can’t copyright a color…

2 Likes

I had to release an emergency build to comply with Text Filtering.

Temporarily, you will be seeing a message saying the plot already exists.

In the next build, this will change.

You will also no longer be able to create plots with the character “#” in the name.

Also, I added the ability to unload plots as suggested by @greenflash2525. That was in the next build anyway.

How much can I buy your game for?

Sorry, not for sale…

Well, if you ever do think about it just message me.

Hey, the next build is delayed, due to F3X breaking in Bloxy Kart. I will now be making my own system, and it will definitely be worth the wait!

Actually some colors are COPYrighted! It’s interesting because all colors come from the same 3 colors.

Wait, can you explain this? I thought you cannot copyright a color lol.

You should have a warning for deleting the map lol

1 Like