Blue spinning loading cursor consistently getting stuck when play testing

This issue is still occuring for me.
I used to just pause and then resume which used to fix it however this has recently stopped working, making this bug even more annoying.

Thanks.

3 Likes

This issue is still persisting. It appears to happen whenever the game is autosaving and starting a test. My theory is that the autosave feature sets the mouse icon to whatever it was prior to the autosave. This means that when the starting test sets the icon to a loading symbol, autosave thinks that the previous mouse icon was a loading symbol, thus when the autosave is complete, it “reverts” the mouse icon to a loading symbol. Could also be the opposite with the test system reverting the mouse to the loading icon that the autosave was using.

4 Likes

i’ve always had this issue when accidentaly clicking create Decal (right from the studio) twice, and the loading cursor would stay forever unless i refresh

2 Likes

Temporary fix that I’ve had for this is just make an object value, set the value of it to something and then try setting the value again but this time press the X icon next to the value property to set it to nil.

18 Likes

This constantly happens to me. I’ve had it happen twice in the past 20 minutes. Incredibly frustrating, since I have to restart studio each time.

4 Likes

This is still occurring for me. Very annoying - as it happens at random.

3 Likes

This issue is still occurring for me. Quite annoying that I need to force a studio restart every time it happens.
RobloxStudioBeta_yDMyeVjTE3

3 Likes

Still experiencing this all the time :confused:

(Hard to take a screenshot because it disables the cursor)

Edit: I’ve noticed it seems to happen when entering then exiting play solo. Team create is enabled

3 Likes

I just tried this (sort of) and it worked. I say sort of because I actually just clicked on the “Parent” property of a “UIPadding” object since I was already editing UI anyways. Clicking changed my cursor to something else, and then I right clicked the property container to cancel changing it. My mouse cursor went back to normal right after. Nice find!

3 Likes

heres a lifehack; if youre on windows you can change the mouse loading icon. i personally made mine to be the inverted mouse cursor (so black and white instead of white and black)
this genuinely happens so often that i needed to make this change.

It’s been 7 months, any chance this will ever be fixed? It’s infuriating and happens multiple times daily.

1 Like

If this is still annoying you, you can fix it by play testing your game, hitting pause and then the resume button.

Crazy Roblox has not fixed this yet.

Quick “fix”:

Create a part, create an ObjectValue, assign the Part as the Value, unassign it by clicking the red X, Fixed.

Annoying, but better than restarting studio, plus you can always leave the part+objVal in storage for a quick fix.

24 Likes

This has happening ever since i was testing or making my own stuff.

Whether or not. Thanks bitsfps for the quick fix!

Hi all, would appreciate some help narrowing this one down. Can anyone point to a semi-reliable method of getting this to happen on baseplate or something we can access reliably on our end? Also, if anyone can get this to occur and snap a log that would help as well.

1 Like

I’m unable to provide a log myself at the moment, but the issue within this thread seems to be the bug of “when I press play at just the right time as it starts autosaving, the cursor gets stuck with the ‘loading’ image”

1 Like

Thanks Alphonce - just curious, what mode are you using? Team create, cloud save, group game, local file, etc? May or may not make a difference, but those do have different patterns for saving.

1 Like

I get the issue in a non team create game.
Both when working from the cloud (using ‘publish to roblox’), and working from local files. And as stated above it seems to happen sometimes when starting a playtest.

Thanks, if you’ve noticed does it coincide with autosave & hitting play as Alphonce has noted above? Also, any play mode? Or just Play Solo?

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but I do think that’s a possible cause. As it doesn’t happen always when playtesting. Maybe one in 10 playtests or so.
Also if it’s of any value: the fix described here does work:

1 Like