Blue spinning loading cursor consistently getting stuck when play testing

I can only speak for team create, which is where I’m occasionally experiencing this issue. Every single time it has happened for me, it has coincided with auto-saving and hitting play. I haven’t ever been able to replicate it on purpose but I have a feeling that the larger the place is, and therefore the longer auto-saving may take - the more likely you are to end up play testing at the same time as auto-saving and will also be more likely to experience this issue. I’ve tried to purposely time auto-saving with play testing to replicate this a few times but I’ve never been able to get it to happen on purpose, unfortunately.

To avoid confusion, this is the play button that I’m hitting.

1 Like

Majority of my projects utilise team-create solely for the purpose of autosaving; I’m unsure of if it’s possible to recreate this issue if you were to instead save manually, but it would be good to try (edit: to my knowledge the cursor icon doesn’t change when saving manually, so is therefore not an issue)

This is still happening to me when it autosaves or when im uploading an image to roblox. You guys really need to fix this, it is very irritating.

This was happening to me when my game was a large map, 9k parts with a lot of textures. But after I separated the game to multiple places, and less textures the issue with the forever spinning cursor stopped.

1 Like

Maybe that’s because your Autosaves are so quick they aren’t that likely to coincide with a Play? My game is heavy, but everything is stored away, the map is literally just a Baseplate, a 50x50 piece of terrain and 12 Parts used as a Greenscreen, still, Heavy game > longer time to autosave > frequent autosaves > this bug all the time, always related to Autosaving while pressing Play.

2 Likes

Not sure about that, because my current game has the same auto save function and the issue is not happening since I reduce the parts/textures amounts.

Hey, I’ve attached my log file, this has been a pretty consistent issue for me, it disrupts my workflow and I’d really like to see it fixed.

Thanks so much for your time.

0.578.0.5780566_20230606T181323Z_Studio_67411_last.log (4.0 MB)

4 Likes

I’ve been getting this bug for months.

It also happens randomly when I play test my game in studio.

Although it is quite annoying, parenting any existing instance using the properties window twice to any parent seems to be a temporary fix.

2 Likes

This has started happening for me after every test session since the last update

I am on Windows 10, team create is disabled

1 Like

The exact same thing is happening to me as well

1 Like

Started getting this randomly when pressing Play. My attempts to reproduce it have failed as it’s very inconsistent. However, here’s a video of it happening anyway:

Edit: When looking at the output, I noticed the place auto-saved, so maybe it only happens when pressing Play and the game does an auto-save?

1 Like

I’m having a problem with this as well. For me it seems to have started recently (within the past month or so). I found that to recover from this, you have to restart studio. Here’s what I’m running:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎3/‎3/‎2021
OS build 19045.3086
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

This is on a custom built machine. It’s possible that this could be video driver related as I have recently swapped out the video card and updated drivers. Not sure what causes it as it’s quite random, but it does show up when I press Play. It doesn’t seem to happen when I press Start for playtesting.

Video Information
Hardware AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT
Driver Version 31.0.12027.9001
Driver Date 3/30/2023

I’ll try to update the video driver and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: The video driver update did not fix the problem. So it’s something with Studio. I have noticed that it seems to happen more when I play test more. It does not matter what place I’m editing or where it’s saved. I’ve had it happen in both the cloud and locally saved places.

Getting this consistently, just started yesterday.

1 Like

When that happens it also does the circle bug for me. Very annoying and still hasn’t fixed for ages.

This happens to me every single day now while working heavily in Studio. It’s easily the most frustrating issue I’ve been running into with Studio this past month.

3 Likes

sadly can confirm this still happens to me all the time

3 Likes

Still happens daily, easily the most disruptive issue in studio right now requiring frequent restarts :frowning:

I develop exclusively in Team Create places where this has been happening, when exiting Play Solo mode.

3 Likes

Create an ObjectValue, set it’s value to any instance, then unset that value by clicking ‘X’.

I read this from a reply above somewhere, and it works 100% of the time. Much faster than restarting studio.

But please, …, please fix this. I never knew something as simple as a mouse icon could be so annoying. It basically prevents you from working, as it’s extremely distracting…

2 Likes

This has been occurring for me on Studio for a while now on my Windows machine (Windows 11). Very annoying. Happens when we switch contexts from Edit datamodel to Play Solo but not sure on the exact cause.

2 Likes

This happens to me 99% of the time that I try to upload an .obj file for use in a SpecialMesh. How this hasnt been fixed yet baffles me.

4 Likes