Blue spinning loading cursor consistently getting stuck when play testing

Someone needs to respond to this with an update. It really shouldn’t take this long to fix a bug which is incredibly common

i have experienced this for long time and many times
i just ignore and if i cant click by blinding or mispositioning i just reset studio it is so annoying
i hope this got fixed

bro is there any update on this? its almost been a year.

im still experiencing this and its so annoying

There’s a verified fix for this coming in version 591 (this week’s release).

Let us know if it resolves the issue for you and thanks for your patience!

9 Likes

I am on 591 and still experiencing this issue.

Is it disabled and waiting to be enabled? Otherwise it didn’t work :frowning:

Hey yall, I have just enabled the fix for this in 591. Please post here if you are still seeing it.

Thank you for your patience, and especially thanks to @Skilled_On for pointing out that it happens with playTest + autosave, which helped us track down the cause

2 Likes

Just happened again for me. Autosave happened (no playtest), spinning cursor stuck. Feels slightly like a different bug, but pretty sure it still has to do with this.

This issue is driving me nuts, I almost run into it so often that I am used to it, which is sad. This really needs to be fixed!!

Sorry to hear you’re still running into this. Is there any pattern with what you are doing when the issue occurs?

Sorry to hear this, and thanks for reporting. I’m looking into it and will hopefully have it fixed soon.

If it happens again, any more info you can provide regarding what Studio is doing at the time will be very helpful.

Thank you!

We have tested and verified this issue is resolved when pressing Play Solo during an autosave operation. Are you seeing it in a different context?

Only managed to get it once, so I think it’s resolved for 99% of cases.

The bug occured after an autosave happened. Not entirely sure, but I think I had selected something in the explorer, and was changing a property during the auto save.

What I do know for sure is that I wasn’t playtesting. It was an autosave while browsing in studio, then the cursor kept spinning.

Possibly caused by having one of those ‘object picker’ widgets selected during an autosave?

2 Likes

It’s happened to me in the past when doing some union work (performing a union operation) while an autosave is performed without Play Solo. Not sure if that context has been fixed but I remember it happening in the past.

1 Like

Nope, I believe this has been fixed as of now. Thanks for fixing this VERY annoying issue!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.