Blur effect with windows

So I’m working on this project and I want to add an effect where looking out the window is blurred. The neon isn’t working for me. How would I go about doing something like this?
What I have:

9 Likes

Maybe changing the bloom may help (Sorry if it’s wrong)

1 Like

Have you thought of adding some sort of blur texture?

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to find anything. It was one of the first things I went for. Ill keep looking.

1 Like

You can try using textures that creates a blur effect, or if you want, get three blocks, two are on the outside at a decent transparency like 0.5, and then add one block in the middle with frosted texutre, grass, whatever that’s closest to a blur and make it 0.7-0.9 transparency, and about 0.2-0.4 reflectance, whatever works for you my friend.

2 Likes

I tired something like this. Only problem is that it doesn’t really have that blur effect, just more of changes the opacity.

Oh, hopefully roblox would come out with a feature like this, for now, it’s quite unknown I guess.

1 Like

Yea that would be nice. Something like a Blur material would work great.

1 Like

I dont think theres anyways besides using decals

Maybe a blur image or texture you can find.

That isn’t possible on Roblox right now. But I hope they do add a feature like that eventually!

youll need to experiment with it till it works for you but whenever I want something you can only sorta see through I take glass triangles or circles and union them together, the overlapping glass can warp the view a bit well still letting you see through

There’s no real good way to do this (that I am aware of). Either I would stick with what you have and tone down the color, or make a build so that people can see a normal setting outside of the building.

Don’t be lazy and not want to build an outside. It may take a lot of time, but people really do appreciate when every detail of a game is perfect.

1 Like

Im really late but this might help Glass Distortion Effect - Help and Feedback / Cool Creations - DevForum | Roblox