Bobby's Bot Manufacturing (Another Roblox FNAF game, UH OH)

Hey. I am making a FNAF game.

Obviously. This is me and my friend modeling and scripting the game so it’s not gonna look the best. But some of it’s features stick out more than any other FNAF game. Can I have some suggestions on what I should add? Maybe some lore suggestions? Thanks.

13 Likes

What happen in your video?

2 Likes

Slow Internet. It’s at 85% rn.

1 Like

it uses future lighting… and using custom materials

123,456,789/10

2 Likes

How did you make the TV show a camera feed? I made a devforum post about doing that and the only response was “not possible”
And how did you make the custom materials look so good? I’m curious on how to make those myself.

2 Likes

The Materials was actually just a Free Model material pack that I have enjoyed since release (and used it for a lot of my games)

You can find the material pack here

The camera system is using @boatbomber ViewportFrame Handler. Basically all it does is sync the CFrame of actual objects in game with a set Frames Per Second (Moving objects like doors, or stuff that changes colors is rendered at 30 FPS. And static is rendered 0, while players are rendered 60.). You can simply make your own but boatbombers is pretty nice as is.

1 Like

Jeez thank you so much, your post answered two major questions I’ve had for a while.
Message me the link of your game when you’re done, it actually looks so good.

2 Likes

One more question: is there a way to apply a unique custom material to different parts instead of overriding the entire material itself, if that makes sense?

1 Like

In the FNAF games, you dont move

Maybe make a seat so you sit there and cant get out

yes there is

Oh I didn’t notice that, apologies. Thanks!!

The reason this demo looks so cool is because you can move, trapping you in a single spot negates all reason for the stuff demonstrated in the clip.

2 Likes

Ok, just thought people could walk through the door and stuff

1 Like

When you click on the camera it freezes the player. Since I am using WASD for camera controls.

No. I’m not keeping the player in the office. It’s supposed to be a Free Roam FNAF game.

Also everyone. Here is a camera demo with 2 cameras. I am still coding it just wanted to make a demo on it. (It is currently uploading at the moment. If it doesn’t work just wait a few minutes and try again)

3 Likes

If you guys wanna playtest

1 Like

Should It be free roam?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

How has my progress progressed?

0 voters

Is it really a good idea for a horror game?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

This looks amazing! I can’t wait for a full game of this. I would love to see some unique animatronics and story! Consider adding some windows to the side of the doors so the player can see the animatronic without using power. Great progress!

Crazy part. In the future I’m going to make some sort of dynamic sound system that muffles sounds at the other side of the door.

Like FNAF 4. Your only tool of survival is sound and that’s what makes it scary. Imagine not hearing any footsteps and opening the door to see a Robot taller than you just start down at you.

1 Like