BodyAngularVelocty: What is the relation of max-torque to P?

I’m trying to use a BodyAngularVelocity to rotate a player around in space (0 Gravity). I don’t understand if there’s 0 gravity why I still have to play around with MaxTorque/P to get it to actually rotate. If the AngularVelocity is auto-set to (0,2,0) it will rotate the player around the Y-axis in my testing but if I set it to (2,0,0). It won’t rotate around the X-axis? I don’t understand if there’s no gravitation pull why it shouldn’t work just the same.

The page on BodyAngular Velocity (link) says this:

The MaxTorque property controls the maximum amount of torque that can be applied to the object, while the P property controls the amount of power used in applying the torque.

On the page for P (link) it says this, which I don’t understand if the AngularVelocity alters the speed of rotation, then how does P also alter it if I’m trying to get a very specific rotation rate?:

The higher this value {P}, the more power will be used and the faster it will be used.

How can I most effectively use these values to spin a part? I don’t like having to play around with it to just see what works best I want to fully understand what these two values should be set to for what I want to do. Does P/MaxTorque work together in some sort of ratio (Idk if there’s a formula to better explain the in-game relation)? Should the value of P and the MaxTorque values just be the same? I really just don’t understand how to use this BodyMover.

1 Like