BodyVelocity physics bug

Yeah that’d be great! Thank you for the quick and informative response!

2 Likes

I’ll reply here early next week (Around Tuesday) when I enable it.

1 Like

Providing the tests prove successful, is there any estimate on when to be shipped globally?

My airline currently use PGS physics solver but we currently have to set everyone’s jump power to 0 to prevent the possibility of them getting out their seats. It’s pretty unrealistic not having flight attendants moving around when taxiing, this fix would make this so much easier. Returning to the other physics engine causes undesirable effects so this fix would be amazing.

2 Likes

@General_Scripter I’m talking about 2 different features.

Feature One that allows heavy objects to push around lighter objects (like a Ship pushing Characters) will ship sometime in the next month Globally, I think.

Feature Two, which replicates people with respect to the platform they are standing on, which would be required for fast moving objects like planes… won’t ship for another few months.

3 Likes

Good to hear that the pushing problem will be shipped first, that’s the main issue. Not too worried about the replication difference but glad that it’s being addressed. Thanks for the information!

I’ve had a similar problem too:

It’s good to see the solution for it is being prepared, the PGS solver will finally be used in more nautical games, thank you @Khanovich :slight_smile:

have two collision filters, one for players, one for boats
players don’t collide with each other, boats do

when the boat driver sits in the seat, locally set the collison id of every part in the boat to the player collision filter

that’s what we do for our pirate ships and it works fine :wink:

1 Like

What about trains? I know a few games that don’t use CollisionGroups and players are known to troll by standing on the tracks and when a train comes… yeah. Same thing with players as passengers on the train - right now I have a script (unused at the moment) that disables jumping when the train (or any vehicle) is at a speed greater than 0.5, mainly because when people do jump, it rocks the entire train and threatens to derail it.

Does this mean players will get pushed out of the way if something with such size and mass comes or if they want to walk around while the train is moving?

This feature sounds like it will solve the issue outlined in the Collision Filtering feature request.

I am interested in testing it on this place: https://www.roblox.com/games/258284917/How-easy-is-it-to-make-characters-that-can-be-walk

@Abdul_Dubai Are you using the Walking On Trains script?

No, it was the script that forced a player to sit. You gave it out a while ago.

Well, there’s a new script that prevents derailments and griefing.

I never heard of it until now. Let’s not derail the topic (no pun intended).

Would this help out with huge floating objects (400k+ mass) that are rotating with players on top of it? Currently in my game Cube Control with PGS enabled, when players jump against a wall the entire massive object will jolt around. Expectations would be 50 jump power can’t mess with it the large object’s position. I’ve tried for hours over several weeks to mess around with the BodyPosition P, D and MaxForce values to no avail, but without PGS (currently how it is) it works a ton better

Can I be put onto the early test as well?
Place ID: 453336776
My test server place ID (if for some reason you can only do one my places, I’d prefer this one): 247618268

Oh my god this would be awesome. Could I get in on this test? I remember a few months ago when I first started working on my boats players couldn’t even stand on the ship while it was moving without being flung off, but since picking the project back up recently it seems that’s been resolved.

PlaceID: 1512094341

@Khanovich Did you mean Tuesday the 20th or 27th? Sorry if I misunderstood, very anxious to try this as well.

Sorry I’ve been at a conference all week and have been unable to change settings. I will do it tomorrow morning after I do some testing myself.

2 Likes

@TheAmazeman @GodOfDonuts I’ve enabled it for placeIds

Please let me know of improvements/issues, or any other feedback.

1 Like

Wrong Id unfortunately, (missed a 6).

This Id would work for me: 247618268

Ironically, I actually turned it on for the right thing and copy pasted the wrong thing in this thread.

Do you still want to include 247618268 ?

Ah gotcha, yes please