Bots are joining my game with the Console device, even though it's not available on Console

bot is spamming in this game as well.
https://www.roblox.com/games/1382113806/Silent-Assassin?refPageId=f2b19279-7318-4ef9-97bb-c104e55c4e40

Maybe they’re hacking the communications part of Roblox.
Because

1. Even though the console is not enabled
  2. The console player should have chat disabled.

I hope Roblox will fix it soon!

You can make a thing that detects a specific chat message or words in chat message. For example you can kick players who typed these words: LOTS, ROBUX, Go. Also using message:lower() will be good if you want to chech for example a message Wants lots of RObUx?

Simply detect if they said something related to “scam” type of message and kick the client. This should kick out most of the bots.

local Players = game:GetService("Players")
Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	player.Chatted:Connect(function(message)
		local matchable = string.lower(message)
		local matches = {
			{"want", "lots", "robux"},
			{"want", "go", "robux"},
			{"in", "browser", "robux"},
			{"R$", "go", "to"},
			{"got", "tons", "robux"},
			{"using", "visit", "robux"},
			{"rblx.gg", "!", "browser"},
			{"earned", "robux", "rewards"},
			{"for", "free", "robux"},
			{"at", "free", "robux"},
			-- you can add more, as you wish
		}
		for _, v in pairs(matches) do
			if string.match(matchable, v[1]) and string.match(matchable, v[2]) and string.match(matchable, v[3]) then
				player:Kick("Scamming is not allowed")
				break
			end
		end
	end)
end)

Put this in Script.

2 Likes

I said this before:

also try adding message:lower() thing, so your code doesn’t mind “RoBUx” word, it detects that this is a scam.

1 Like

It’s already there. string.lower() does the same.

UPDATE:

Found a temporary solution using ChatModules, by researching on some of the other posts. Would still like some intervention from Roblox but this solution will hide any of the scam messages for other players.

Step 1: Insert a folder, boolValue and module into Chat exactly like the image below.
(Make sure “InsertDefualtModules” is set to True)

Step 2: Enter the following code into the module:

local function Run(ChatService)
	local function ProcessMessage(speakerName, message, channelName)
		-- Get the speaker and the channel they sent a message in
		local speaker = ChatService:GetSpeaker(speakerName)
		local channel = ChatService:GetChannel(channelName)

-- If neither exists, we're safe to continue processing via other methods
		if not speaker then return false end
		if not channel then return false end

-- Check for scam content
		if string.find(message, "ROBUX") or string.find(message, "blox.page") then
			-- Send the message to themselves
			speaker:SendMessage(message, channelName, speakerName, message.ExtraData)

-- Speaker was shadow banned, stop processing message
			return true
		end

-- Speaker is fine, continue processing message
		return false
	end

ChatService:RegisterProcessCommandsFunction("swallow_shadow_ban_chat", ProcessMessage)
end

return Run

Since this is temporary it only works for this specific bot message, but I also made it hide any message with the word “ROBUX”. You can edit however you’d like.

Big thanks to this post for this temporary solution: Soft Mute / Shadow-ban Chat Feature? - #6 by colbert2677

4 Likes

You should make a script for if someone spams, kick them, if they send more than one message per second, kick them so they will have to rejoin. That is what one game had and my friend discovered when he was spamming my name lol.

Thanks, I didn’t see this. Was it before you made an edit?

Yup. It was before I made an edit to only add a loop and a table.

Consider wrapping it around an array, this makes it easier to modify your links if someone is scamming you.

local BlockedWords = {
  "robux", "blox.page"
}

Then you’d want to modify your finder to work around a function like this

local function findBlockedWord(message)
  for _, v in ipairs(BlockedWords) do
    if string.find(message, v) then
      return true --found a blocked word
    end
  end
  return false --no blocked words were found
end

You should not check for robux word alone, as if player said something innocent like “Today I had bought some robux”, that would get him muted.

1 Like

You can use my script to prevent scam bots from sending scam messages by entering the keywords in the script.

If one of the keywords in lowercase are being matched, they wont even get added to the chat.

I tried and it doesn’t seem to work.

Try it again, it should work now.

Ungroup the scripts under chat in your game and type something like “for robux”, you’ll notice that it wont get sent.

It works now, however I would recommend you making something that it doesn’t delete the message when I say for example: Can you trade me this Fedora for Robux? Can it be 328478 Robux? I know that it’s hard to do, but the Script shouldn’t delete all the messages that have “for robux” thing in it. You can check for example for “for robux” words in message and for “visit” word. It would work better.

My script does not delete that already.

I had made it so that it only deletes messages which talk about earning rewards or free rewards, it should only target those bots.

1 Like

Kicking them after they’ve sent the message is too late.

2 Likes

OK, change I forgot.
I meant: Can you trade me this Fedora for Robux? Can it be 328478 Robux?

Isn’t this message:lower() with : character in it?

Bots accounts trends to be new accounts, that only connects 1 time (or maybe more)

Try this: