Bots attacking game servers

I think he’s spamming bots and reports to roblox support repeatedly until Roblox just terminates me, this is sick.

2 Likes

They would still be able to dislike.

Yeah, be careful, close the game until you have a solution.

In order for the teleportation script to run, the user has to join the game, at which point they are able to dislike. The OP is powerless here, unless roblox steps in.

It would be nice if roblox required users to be in game for more than a few seconds to like/dislike so the account creation date filtering would work here

2 Likes

Yeah, it would be very helpful.

1 Like

How about actually letting players play games once they verify their email? would that work?

I don’t think there is a way to script that. Also, shouldn’t we discuss this somewhere else?

That would be rather annoying for quite a lot of kids

2 Likes

you could mask the game.

with group access and approval until you have it solved
which would be annoying

or make a pseudo game front that does the check then teleports into your game?
A mini game hub, less disruptive

In order for the teleportation script to run, the user has to join the game, at which point they are able to dislike. The OP is powerless here, unless roblox steps in. -d1tr

1 Like

I meant
play a entry point game
if old enough
send to your game

they would definitely be able to play and vote on the entrypoint

I’m sure there’s some combination that you can come across to prevent or fight against bots. If they try to send a message immediately after joining, if they join and leave in a really inhuman amount of time. If they join the game only to sit in one spot and go afk. (In this case you can just do an afk kick this will overall work to likely reduce the total number of bots but probably won’t be all that helpful).

Botting is a really bad issue, and it’s pretty disappointing the risks users has to take due to Roblox’s incompetency to fix the issue. Other than the changes you can make that will ultimately work against you. Roblox isn’t gonna be happy until someone compiles some evidence and start a class action, even better if its someone from the UK. A better place to discuss this would probably be to move the topic to development discussion btw.

3 Likes

The bots would be able to dislike the entry point game.

1 Like

How would that prevent dislikes? It could potentially avoid afk bots although.

1 Like

Yeah.

The big problem here is the dislikes.
Free bots to boost your player count isn’t a bad thing

I heard that developers are getting banned for botting their player count. Is this true?

1 Like

There’s nothing that’s gonna prevent dislikes other than disabling the feature itself unfortunately.

1 Like

Actually, it makes it look like the creator of the game is the one botting the game, so they get a higher player count.

2 Likes

Yes, someone else can bot the player count, the eyes would obviously be on the creator.

1 Like

Yeah, thats true.

PostMustBeLonger

1 Like