Bouvet Island inhabitants have no popular sort

After the outrage I felt after reading https://devforum.roblox.com/t/bouvet-island-is-uninhabited/701395 I decided to promptly get on a flight to live there, or in other words, I changed my account location.

Now to my horror, upon making this change I visited the games page to be shocked with this sight:

As you can see, there is no games in the popular sort!

I noticed this bug today, and you can replicate this by living in Bouvet Island and trying to go onto the games page.

This bug is a public outrage since this really harms game discovery for all the inhabitants of Bouvet Island.

9 Likes

That’s one interesting discovery. I thank you for flying all the way out to Bouvet Island, setting up your computer, and checking the games categories to see what happens there!

I hope roblox fixes this bug for Bouvet Island inhabitants, so they are all able to enjoy the most popular games on the roblox website!

7 Likes

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/bouvet-island-is-uninhabited/701395

There is no one that lives there, hence no popular sort.

1 Like

Still, I would consider it bad UX since it says ‘Popular’ not ‘Popular in your country’ inferring that its the worldwide popular sort, despite the fact there is a sort for this this is still poor user experience, and in the event of someone such as myself deciding to live here, I would love to know what games are popular from the moment I go on the games page!

Regardless of population there is no excuse for this careless bug!

4 Likes

Ok you’re kinda killing the joke now - one thread is enough, you’ll get them both taken down.

Please don’t kill it :frowning:

Regardless of how ‘stupid’ the issue is or how silly the post is worded, this is actually an issue. A location with insufficient Roblox players will break the sorts. A likely solution to this would to just be to fallback to popular worldwide or popular to the geographically nearest area with a sufficient sample size.

4 Likes

This regardless of how silly it is, and the fact its a joke is actually by definition is a bug and therefor should be treated as such, regardless if its low priority.

4 Likes