Brand New Bubble Chat Customizations

This feature is nice but it lacks the rich text feature. I suggest you to add rich text feature. In my game, the game uses the rich text feature in NPC dialogues so that it highlights key words which may help players to know important things in the game.

I tried added the rich text property but it seems like it’s not supported.
bubble chat script rich Text error

4 Likes

Here are some more suggestions for more chat customization options:

• Rich text support
  • Change text stroke color
  • Change text stroke size
  • Change text stroke transparency
  • Change text transparency
  • Add text gradient support
  • Add text stroke support
  • Change bubble chat tail image
  • Change bubble chat tail background color without changing the whole bubble chat background color.
  • Add support for text type writer effect shortly after the chat bubble appears with tween customization options.
6 Likes

At random, certain players may loose their ability to see certain other people’s bubble chat. With a custom typing gui added, other players can see that the player is intending to say something but nothing appears.

Is this a known bug? The only solution seems to have the player having the issue, to rejoin.

Chat bubbles are still missing the ability to define their ZIndex / interactivity with other UIs.

It is currently extremely difficult to use booths in my game as we use custom name tags, and chat bubbles do not overlap those. We currently have 0 control over this, which makes it impossible to solve this problem.

Having an addition for chat ZIndex customization would be a life saver!

9 Likes

A workaround for this is to adjust the nametags adorned properties.
I’ve managed to adjust our name tags that slips it slightly behind the bubble chat, so that the bubble chat shows on top.

2 Likes

I’m having certain issues where certain players can’t see certain other players bubble chats. I’ve tried AdorneTo ‘Head’ and even refreshing the player.

This happened to a game I’m developing on and thought it was an issue with my game until I played as a test subject on another game that kept asking someone to respond and they were responding but they couldn’t see their messages awhile I could.

Has anyone else had this issue?

1 Like

I’ve had to go ahead and disable the new bubble chat because of an unknown issue in why, at random, a player wouldn’t receive their bubble chat. Certain players do see, certain players absolutely don’t see… Regardless if I’ve changed AdorneeName to Head or HatAttachment. Their bubble chat certainly just breaks at random and the person that can’t see your bubble chat has to rejoin to fix it for themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.