Breeze into Wind! [Fully Released]

It would be great if this feature could also be used to alter the direction and flow of terrain water, as far as I’m aware altering both is currently not possible.

2 Likes

Definitely agreed. Water manipulation should be next. :pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

you shouldnt have to use wait() lol

its not hard to make your game optimised

Now I realize that both task.wait and wait are bad, and neither should be used in the codebase.

How to wait then :joy:

30 so BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

You use RunService and time.

its optimised and accurate yes ?

task.wait uses RunService so it’s completely ok using it

1 Like

Yes, but it’s a bad practice to use them in separate threads when not needed, which is typically where they’re used.

how does a function waiting 30 fps instead of 60 reduce server load

60 is accurate and reflects the new client limit. Task library also respects fflags

also waiting isn’t bad. Can help prevent race conditions and reflect certain values correctly

whoever said waiting is bad is bad at programming

wait will throttle, but task.wait will not. However, both are bad when used in more than one thread when not necessary.

This is AMAZING, another W for ROBLOX!

How did I not hear about this before??? The idea of wind simulation has been thrown around Roblox since like, early 2011. Glad to see that my 8-year-old self’s dreams are finally coming to fruition

1 Like

Sounds more advanced to me but i’m still not using it, takes too much work (seriously, it does). Task.wait dosen’t cause memory leaks (sometimes it might).

Hi everyone!
We’re excited to be moving Wind out of Beta into Fully Released today! :wind_face: :leaves:
Thanks to everyone who shared feedback with us while the feature was in Beta!

Currently, Wind impacts your whole scene without distinction to indoors or outdoors space. We have on our radar to find viable solutions so wind can be influenced by obstacles, but it will be folded into future Aero work. We don’t have a timeline to announce at the moment for this functionality.

As always, if you experience any issues please let us know so we can look into it. :pray:

7 Likes

Do you think adding regional clouds and winds would be a good idea? like, in specific region for clouds it’s heavy dark cloud and in other it’s light and bright, but for winds, it’s blowing in one way, and in other region it’s blowing in other way. I think this would make experiences more immersive.

1 Like

Yes this is a good idea! As @FGmm_r2 mentioned above (Breeze into Wind! [Fully Released] - #195 by FGmm_r2) local wind options is something we’re considering for the future iterations on wind :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.