Breeze into Wind! [Fully Released]

Great addition however, I wonder how much of an impact this will have on performance. Especially for those on older hardware. Does Roblox automatically scale this feature down/off with graphics levels?

2 Likes

This is only beta testing so expect performance improvements upon stable release.

2 Likes

Glad to see were getting actual useful updates now.

1 Like

Very amazing. probably my favorite feature of the year. thank for everyone working on this feature!

2 Likes

Found a bug, setting wind to a stupidly high value permanently breaks clouds and grass in the workspace, not even re-instancing works. Have to re-open studio.

29 Likes

I think this is an awesome update! I hope to see water currents added as well, in the near future.

2 Likes

so you could have wind in a tunnel or possibly even use it as currents underwater? i think it’s a good idea.

6 Likes

Great!

Now let us make custom grass :wink:

6 Likes

This is a step in the right direction for all the developers who have realistic games out there!

3 Likes

Man does that look cool though…

5 Likes

honestly if it didn’t permanently break the place it could be a really cool usecase for hyperspeed

8 Likes

Small question… Does it also affect parts?

5 Likes

Great
Will it blow ropes too?
If not it should be coming soon right?

10 Likes

This roblox studio build 0.578 has broken single sided mesh collision/touch events with collision set to PreciseConvexDecomposition. Even past rblx files from this past week and earlier have this issue, and i know for a fact it worked previously. Confirmed canCollide is still on for humanoid player, and canCollide is turned on the single sided mesh. (and double sided)

3 Likes

I would most definitely use this if the voxel terrain was more efficient and more could be loaded at once. The grass looks really good in the wind there! I’m just waiting for the day that voxel terrain meets my expectations for it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lovely stuff! Is there any plans to have unanchored parts or players affected by Wind in the future?

3 Likes

Roblox engineers are CARRYING 2023!! :speaking_head: :speaking_head:

5 Likes

I think it would be pretty interesting to have some kind of wind emitter. So explosions can emit wind causing other particles in the vicinity to be blown away.

2 Likes

Looks really cool! I wonder, is there a way to set different wind properties in specific zones?

Say, one area of the map has a tornado inside of it, but the rest of it doesn’t. It’d be wonderful to see grass and parts inside affected in a more aggressive fashion than the surrounding grass and parts.

1 Like

This. All of this. A built-in rain system, physics for grass, and climbable ropes are all I’ve ever wanted for Studio, ESPECIALLY the rain

7 Likes